Russian invasion of Ukraine

Also sad that so many get excited about war and high tec weapons, whilst people and nations are being ruined.

It's almost entertainment with some people, especially on twitter.

I think I used to be the same when I were younger though

I don’t think many people get excited by war - although some do - however when an aggressor gets its arse handed to it there is a sense of justice. Everyone gets excited to see justice.

Not a chance this is testing armaments
Ukraine has very little of the most up to date equipment. It really has the stuff that's very easy to train
The second gulf War was the testing ground for what was then the latest high tec
Perhaps I should have elaborated. I meant "test" in the form of comparing its capabilities against others eg tried and tested.
No doubt some serious form of new weapon testing may take place but I bow to your superior knowledge of weaponry.

I think some people are actually looking for reassurance by posting their worst nightmare !!
I have no idea what goes through some people's heads thinking it is any way contributory to the discussion.

"He CoUlD uSe A tAcTiCaL nUkE!"
He could have used one at any point during this invasion. Russia has been getting their arse handed to them for MONTHS. Why now? Why not sooner? Because he knows the ramifications if he does. He wants to bluff the West to stop supporting Ukraine. It hasn't worked.

Also sad that so many get excited about war and high tec weapons, whilst people and nations are being ruined.

It's almost entertainment with some people, especially on twitter.

I think I used to be the same when I were younger though
When I was working I got a large part of my work via MOD, I was able to gloss over its purpose eg parts for tank gun shells or mortar rounds or even Cargo Plane components.
Nowadays I wonder how many were practice and how many killed.
I suppose the soldier who fired them was at the time just doing his job (like me) but advanced age brings the partial responsibility into sharp focus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.