Russian invasion of Ukraine

So probably both sides are fighting over a symbolic area of land that the Victor cannot benefit from and the loser will suffer no consequence or is the whole of war a bit like that?

Well this is the thing. We may not see any benefit. It doesn’t mean others don’t.

There’s apparently an unused seam of natural resources around that way. Maybe Russia need one of those resources so are trying to secure them.

There’s also a lot of supply line roads from there.

But then it could just be all about morale. Russia need a win to improve morale. It’s in Ukraine’s interest to stop any moral boosts.

Aljazeera suggests it supply line value for Russia.

Taking Bakhmut would rupture Ukraine’s supply lines and open a route for Russian forces to press on towards Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, key Ukrainian strongholds in Donetsk province. Pro-Moscow separatists have controlled parts of Donetsk and neighbouring Luhansk province since 2014.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Well this is the thing. We may not see any benefit. It doesn’t mean others don’t.

There’s apparently an unused seam of natural resources around that way. Maybe Russia need one of those resources so are trying to secure them.

But then it could just be all about morale. Russia need a win to improve morale. It’s in Ukraine’s interest to stop any moral boosts.

You are probably right.

Mr Putin obviously values the loss of Russian lives rather than a loss of face in most battles whereas Ukraine are prepared to take advantage of a superior death rate in this instance rather than simply surrender this area to fight elsewhere towards war victory.

[/QUOTE]
Well I can now understand why Ukraine fights on there if strategic reasons to do so.
From Russias point of view Mr Putin has zero value of Russian soldiers and is gambling on volume overcoming capability.

Just watched the documentary about Mariupol that was on t.v. few weeks ago. Fuck,made me soo angry,all that pain and suffering caused by one man. These cunts need to be crushed.
That’s the one place I want to see free above any other, so many lives lost already because he wants to recreate the USSR it won’t be just him though. I’d like to see a bomb dropped on the Kremlin pay back.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.