Russian invasion of Ukraine

St Andrew being the patron Saint of both Scotland and Ukraine (not to mention some other countries), it was appropriate that a local congregation should organise a St Andrew’s evening with the proceeds going to the Ukraine relief fund. I also heard that another congregation with a vacant manse had housed Ukrainian refugee family.

That’s interesting on that point on not allowing them to study their own langauge, hopefully they may reverse that policy once this is all over. I suspect Ukraine will be much more tolerant of other races and ethnicities after what they have had to go through - suspect russia will take a couple of generations to receive forgiveness
At least.

Bakhmut,yet again.....fuckin brutal.
Both sides taking heavy losses in this area.
Weather may also take some,.... -3 at the minute.... -9 by weekend.
Mud is also causing a big problem.

Slava Ukraini.
meanwhile in Bakhmut. life goes on no matter what. Slava Ukraini! these people undefeatable!

meanwhile in Bakhmut. life goes on no matter what. Slava Ukraini! these people undefeatable!

It does.....
I've seen videos and pictures,after Russian artillery and Air strikes,an old woman come into the street with a bullet proof vest and helmet on,and start sweeping up.....I kid you not.

Slava Ukraini.

The language problem is an emotive issue, both with Ukrainians of Hungarian ethnicity and with Hungarians themselves. The education law in Ukraine is that lessons must be in Ukrainian for all but the youngest children. (They are not precluded from studying their own language separately.)
The area in which most ethnic Hungarians live has been kicked from pillar to post in 20th century in terms of who governs, Hungary, Ukraine, USSR. Many here have Hungarian citizenship. When this war is over, there will be a language issue as Ukraine tries to bind these people into a single country.
You may remember Vasil Rats an ethnic Hungarian from Ukraine who played for the USSR in the sixties and seventies. His club was Dynamo Kyiv winning both domestic and UEFA trophies in his time.

Last edited:
I don't know,but maybe a missile attack is inbound.
Lots and lots of movement at Engels Airfield,Russia.
Missile trolleys have deffo been coming and going.
It's about 1,000km East of Kyiv.
Airfield is loaded with TU-95 and TU-160 strategic bombers.
TU-95 can do a round trip of 8,000km with a payload of up to 12,000kg.
TU-160 can do a round trip of 18,000km with a payload of up to 44,000kg.
Both can launch missiles with a minimum distance of 600km,not sure of maximum.....anybody know?

Slava Ukraini.

There is a lot if sentiment in Hungary to a greater Hungary and regaining land lost and it makes orbans position stronger and that is why he is playing both sides in this conflict. Don’t like orban has he is basically ruling by decree and will not give up the big seat. Don’t understand why the ethnic Hungarians are not allowed to study there own language in Ukraine though .

They are allowed “to study their own language”, they have stopped schools from teaching in minority languages. The fact that they even did that in the 1st place is impressive. I can’t think of any other countries that will have multilingual teachers teaching maths in 2/3 languages.

The official reason for the change was they said that minorities that didn’t speak Ukrainian well struggled to get jobs when they left school so made the move to help them find jobs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.