Russian invasion of Ukraine

@feedmpenzaandhewillscore
I agree with your concern over the US discouraging attacks within the border. Originally I thought it was fear of a nuclear attack by Russia but now it is clear that isn't the case. As I said earlier, are they prolonging the war to test new weapons, (at the expense of Ukrainian soldiers)

I highly doubt that.
You can have your opinions, but that is going too far.
The US is supplying weapons to the Ukraine to help them defend themselves.
It is in nobody's interest for this to go on. Even Russia's allies.
This is one sick man's dream of leaving some form of legacy.

I have no problem if the US gets back vital data on how it's systems fair in actual combat. The US also knows that this conflict is weakening Russia, both in available hardware and revealing tactical information.
The sanctions were never meant to have immediate effect. It was always a long term solution.
It will take decades before Russia recovers from this war. Partly because people have seen what might happen again once they are strong again.

I highly doubt that.

I have no problem if the US gets back vital data on how it's systems fair in actual combat. The US also knows that this conflict is weakening Russia, both in available hardware and revealing tactical information.
The sanctions were never meant to have immediate effect. It was always a long term solution.
It will take decades before Russia recovers from this war. Partly because people have seen what might happen again once they are strong again.
My take too mate.

Further to my last post. I believe successive British Governments allowed the Northern Ireland 'troubles' to continue for years as it was good for business. It meant we could develop and refine, weapons, training, equipment and show the world how well they performed in actual conflict. We then sold it and made a fortune.
I worry the west especially the Americans are doing that now with Ukraine.
Wars or even threats of themhave always been good for the armaments Industry or is that obvious?

Unfortunately newer reports are saying that some of the latest attacks are using newly ( in the last couple of months ) created missiles suggesting a supply line issue has been sorted. Either managed to source parts or replace them with bits they do have.
Yeah,someone mentioned it earlier.
Surely they can't produce them as quickly as they are firing them?

Slava Ukraini.

@feedmpenzaandhewillscore
I agree with your concern over the US discouraging attacks within the border. Originally I thought it was fear of a nuclear attack by Russia but now it is clear that isn't the case. As I said earlier, are they prolonging the war to test new weapons, (at the expense of Ukrainian soldiers)
Do you think that it may also be to contain any political opposition within the Government?

Switzerland has banned the export of ammo for the Gepard System Ukraine is using.

Slava Ukraini.
How convenient that Switzerland can have such scruples about who their gun ammo can kill.

Reminds me of the Vickers guns that used partly German shells during one of the World Wars. Both parties invoiced each other for volumes of shells used both ways.
Something like that anyway from my not very good memory.

Switzerland has banned the export of ammo for the Gepard System Ukraine is using.

Slava Ukraini.
Im not sure this is much of a change. they always said all they will do is backfill to other countries stock allowing countries to support Ukraine, but not supply Ukraine directly.

I highly doubt that.

Agree. The US might want to test some stuff but they equally dont want the Russians getting hold of anything so its a neutral point. The Russians have given up a whole lot and its been a massive embarrassment for them.

Every war presents a lot of new information about how technology has changed the reality of combat. Since WW2 air dominance was seen as critical to any war effort. The dense jungle changed that in Vietnam but in open countryside modern fighter bombers were considered the pinacle of weaponry. The advancement of air defence has shown its not the same anymore - too easy to shoot them down - cheap and unmanned drones seem the big winner. This isnt US top secret tech. These things are similar to high end toys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.