Russian invasion of Ukraine

Stop it you crank.

Slava Ukraini.

"This war shows that Russia's air defense is one of the best in the world.Russia produces more than 3 times as many air defense missiles similar to Patriot." - Putin

FnQa_ExXEAMqgP3

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can someone enlighten me....? So Poland are sending 14 tanks to Ukraine, and we have promised 12..... what is the use of that?

In WWII at the battle of Kursk Germany attacked Russia with 2,700 tanks and motorised guns and were defeated by a force even larger. The biggest tank battle in history: approx 6000 in total.

How come 80 years later we expect such small numbers to make any impact on this current war. Yes, I know these tanks will be considerably more powerful with all sorts of modern technology, but why so few?

Even if - as I have heard - they are significantly better than the Russian tanks in use in 2022/23, surely the numbers will be an issue. Again in WWII the Sherman tank was inferior to the German tanks, but just by dint of the numbers built and the numbers put into the conflict, the allies won in the end.

Will just 26 modern tanks really make a difference? or is it just a political issue to say help is being given, even if it won't really help in the long run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.