Russian invasion of Ukraine

So how does this all end then? The experts like Fiona Hill think this will rumble on for years like Iran-Iraq war. Does Ukraine ultimately have to come to an agreement with Russia and give up lost territory?

What is the point in coming to any form of agreement with Russia? I wouldn’t trust the cunts for the time of day.

Sadly yes, Ukraine will have it give up lost territory.

The Russian want Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhia, and Kherson. Once they conquer what's left of those territories (they're 80-85% controlled at the moment) mission accomplished.
The problem for Russia is that it has tried to redraw the map but the small gains have been at huge expense and western support is ramping up. Its a war of economic attrition. Russia running out of equipment, ammo and willing fighters. Ukraine also have limitations but clearly the better supply lines. It feels like the Russian side are closer to a breaking point but it is a massive country, they could find a million men to conscript but would Putin have the political capital to face down the backlash and how many can they supply with basic kit let alone advanced weapons.

Sadly yes, Ukraine will have it give up lost territory.

The Russian want Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhia, and Kherson. Once they conquer what's left of those territories (they're 80-85% controlled at the moment) mission accomplished.
That seems quite a definitive comment. My impression is that Russia are currently doing everything they can but are getting nowhere, and in fact are gradually losing territory. I don’t pretend to know what’s going to happen but I would say that it’s more likely that the Russian offensive will collapse completely and they’ll ultimately lose every inch of territory they have occupied in the last year and possibly some or all of the territory they occupied in 2014. I think they have next to no chance of completing their occupation of the 4 oblasts in the east.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.