Russian invasion of Ukraine

Russian defence minister, Sergei Shoigu, has sacked the commander of its eastern military district, Lt Gen Rustam Muradov.
His dismissal represents the latest reshuffle of top brass amid a string of battlefield setbacks. Muradov’s dismissal follows his spectacularly unsuccessful attempts to capture Vuhledar with the loss of100s of armed vehicles in the process.

I forsee more sackings in the near future.
such a shame! ingrateful cnuts! the man did the great job at Vuhledar!

Ukrainian forces advance about 4km East from Bilohorivka,Donetsk Region,about 11km Northeast of Soledar.
2 Russian units in front of them and getting pushed towards the river.
Remember the disaster crossing in May?......same river.
They gonna have to retreat South,or swim.
This advance "COULD" make Soledar interesting.

Slava Ukraini.

Last edited:
Poor analogy. Irrespective of this country’s psychological shortcomings, there’s plainly not a widespread and inveterate belief that we are about to be invaded.

It's a near precise analogy. There was an imaginary external threat used to bolster the power of a charismatic leader who took the opportunity to purge internal rivals along the way. Of course it is less extreme here - having your seat in parliament removed isn't the same as being thrown from a 6th storey window, but the principle is the same: obey the leader or suffer the consequences.

And to your point on invasion - the language of "invasion" is literally being used right now - by government ministers - to influence our population!

I think the lesson for us is very clear. It's not that we're superior to the Russian population, and less prone to nationalist propaganda, it's that people everywhere are susceptible to the same influences, and we need to guard against them here. Especially given our recent history.

Alright. I'll shut up now, any more from me needs to be in a different thread.

Germany it would appear has decided to climb off the fence.
EXTREMELY GOOD NEWS - Though they really need to get those arse crack splinters seen too.

When they start to deliver on the proposed scale, Sunak also needs to step up to the new plate

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.