Russian invasion of Ukraine

Avdiivka...
No movement in the North.
South and Southeast,the Russians have been pushed back.
From Donetsk Airport,I put Ukrainian forces 3km Northeast of it and 4km directly North of it....Interestingly they have pushed to within 5km to the West of it.

Slava Ukraini.

Completely off topic, but just out of interest, the Normans were vikings - literally "Northmen".

William the Conqueror was a descendant of King Rollo, the viking conqueror of what became Normandy.

I promise I'm not making this up!

Righto, as you were.
No your not making it up.
I have the same Y chromosome as Rollo 1st Duke of Normandy. Lots of other genetic markers too that mean I'm either a direct descendent or near relative descendent.
They sampled his DNA from what's left of his bones in Rouen cathedral a few years back and hid sample is used as historical comparison.
It was interesting to note that Vikings is a TV drama roughly based on my family history.
The family name indicates we came over with Duke William, probably as a man at arms, and were gifted land in South Cheshire. Hence the place name Motram St Andrew and Mottram Hall.

Last edited:
I have the same Y chromosome as Rollo 1st Duke of Normandy. Lots of other genetic markers too that mean I'm either a direct descendent or near relative descendent.
They sampled his DNA from what's left of his bones in Rouen cathedral a few years back and hid sample is used as historical comparison.
It was interesting to note that Vikings is a TV drama roughly based on my family history.

I'm also of Viking descent, though in my case from herring fishermen on the Norwegian island of Utsira (of shipping forecast fame: "North Utsira, South Utsira")

The family name indicates we came over with Duke William, probably as a man at arms, and were gifted land in South Cheshire. Hence the place name Motram St Andrew and Mottram Hall.
Raping, pillaging, murdering ****.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.