Russian invasion of Ukraine

The Romans crucified millions. We should exclude them as well. Every country has a dark side. Most, if not all have moved on. ruSSia, unfortunately, has not. Until they lose the attitude that all other countries are insignificant and their people cockroaches that do not deserve to live there can be no integration.
Because Russia has never ever stopped being Totalitarian. Until the civilians are freed they can’t change. Gernany was civilised, Hitler turns up they become feral, the Nazi regime ended and they became civilised again. When the Red Army crossed into non Soviet states they couldn’t believe how rich even a Polish peasant was compared to them, years of propaganda had brainwashed them and the looted, raped and murdered on a huge scale. Today we see the same thing. The Russian troops looting fridges and tvs, the beheading. With someone like Navalny in charge they would be a different nation.

Because Russia has never ever stopped being Totalitarian. Until the civilians are freed they can’t change. Gernany was civilised, Hitler turns up they become feral, the Nazi regime ended and they became civilised again. When the Red Army crossed into non Soviet states they couldn’t believe how rich even a Polish peasant was compared to them, years of propaganda had brainwashed them and the looted, raped and murdered on a huge scale. Today we see the same thing. The Russian troops looting fridges and tvs, the beheading. With someone like Navalny in charge they would be a different nation.
In about 2-3 gerarations, maybe.

In about 2-3 gerarations, maybe.
De Nazification took a few years but they were only under Hilter for 12 years. 100 plus years of oppression will take longer. If the money the oligarchs have robbem them off Is invested in the people there’ll be a change. War and propaganda dehumanises people and how they perceive their alleged enemies.

The atrocities will only strengthen Ukrainian resolve. No one will think of surrender, Russia can’t win this and I think Putin knows this.

Against my better judgement I just watched that beheading video, and the part before it with the sledgehammer, which for me was even worse. I just can't get my head around the depths of depravity that these monsters will sink to. All this talk of reintegrating them back into society is unthinkable, for many generations at least.

Yet we did this with Germany within a decade, who were much worse.
It took longer than 10 years in reality. I worked there in the 1980s, and a sizeable number hated our presence (and this was in the industrial northwest, I think it was far worse in the south), and were still pretty resentful.

Even now they have a right wing that isn't small, with extreme tendancies, ironically it seems to be more based in the former soviet east.

Pretty sure it will decade's to integrate, that's after this ends, which shows no sign of being soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.