Russian invasion of Ukraine

If not in Putin's head surely the wisdom gained from this ridiculous Russian attempt at warfare must create serious concerns about going toe to toe with NATO. One country backed with NATO equipment and not a single NATO brigade on the ground has thwarted every attempt to make progress for nearly a year.

The Russian’s know NATO would smash them within a month, if not even quicker.

Trouble is this terrorist nation has bloody nukes and is fucking mental enough now to use them if we escalate, hence NATO can‘t directly intervene or it’s the end of society as we know it for the entire northern hemisphere.

The Russian’s know NATO would smash them within a month, if not even quicker.

Trouble is this terrorist nation has bloody nukes and is fucking mental enough now to use them if we escalate, hence NATO can‘t directly intervene or it’s the end of society as we know it for the entire northern hemisphere.
Obviously even a tiny bit of risk is too much of a risk with nukes, but personally I don’t think for a split second the Russians have the bollocks to use nuclear weapons.

Putting up a false image of success and strength when there’s fuck all behind it is ingrained into their DNA.

If it were up to me I’d roll into Ukraine with everything Nato has got and end this thing in an afternoon.

It took longer than 10 years in reality. I worked there in the 1980s, and a sizeable number hated our presence (and this was in the industrial northwest, I think it was far worse in the south), and were still pretty resentful.

Even now they have a right wing that isn't small, with extreme tendancies, ironically it seems to be more based in the former soviet east.

Pretty sure it will decade's to integrate, that's after this ends, which shows no sign of being soon.

I was stationed there for four years in the 80’s and found the Germans very friendly and hospitable

Obviously even a tiny bit of risk is too much of a risk with nukes, but personally I don’t think for a split second the Russians have the bollocks to use nuclear weapons.

Putting up a false image of success and strength when there’s fuck all behind it is ingrained into their DNA.

If it were up to me I’d roll into Ukraine with everything Nato has got and end this thing in an afternoon.
My thinking exactly and has been for a while. But what the fuck do I know and I'm sure the powers that be know completely different, the russians have broken rules and this is war so why not ??

"Germany's defense ministry confirms Poland has applied for formal approval to deliver MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine." (about a dozen)

Ahh, old boring jet discussion will be warmed up again in German media (yawn).
Most 'experts' involved are not even aware what you need air support for.
It won't last long anyway before UA might run out of spares for former russian jets, and western jets (F-16s) will be the logical necessity at some point.
Another Life-of-Brian like discussion...

"Germany's defense ministry confirms Poland has applied for formal approval to deliver MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine." (about a dozen)

Ahh, old boring jet discussion will be warmed up again in German media (yawn).
Most 'experts' involved are not even aware what you need air support for.
It won't last long anyway before UA might run out of spares for former russian jets, and western jets (F-16s) will be the logical necessity at some point.
Another Life-of-Brian like discussion...
I'll bet you,a weekend on the piss in Hamburg.......Germany give this the ok....TODAY. ;)

Slava Ukraini.

To be honest we could probably roll into what is currently Ukraine as a peacekeeping force, establish no-fly zones and police the airspace and Russia would back down and probably leave it at that. It would be a huge failure for Putin but it would leave him with no other choice unless he wants to risk direct conflict with the west.

You have to remember though that the war in Ukraine did not start in 2022, it started in 2014 and so the question is if NATO moved into Ukraine then does that peacekeeping force extend to retaking the 'Russian' Crimea and the Donbass regions?

The best result I can see is an eventual NATO peacekeeping force and ceasefire leading to Russian withdrawal and a return to the territories as they were in 2014. There could be peace if a settlement can be reached around that, I don't know if Ukraine will accept that and I doubt it but that's not for us to decide. The best we can do at the moment is to arm Ukraine so it can defend itself and also try to bring peace by getting both parties around the table, the other alternatives are grim.

The worst alternative is retaking the entirety of Ukraine as it was before 2014 because that would mean outright war with Russia. We can laugh about smashing them etc but outright war with Russia would definitely lead to a WW3 type scenario fighting a nuclear armed country and we certainly don't want that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.