Russian invasion of Ukraine

Think this deserves a slot here as I am sure the U.S elections next year are playing an important role in the timing of this counter offensive and this was also raised as a crucial point by a U.S correspondent on Newsnight recently when they were discussing the strategy around what any counteroffensive would look like and what goals the West would be hoping to achieve to continue with their full support.

A dangerous dangerous man who appeals to large sections of the US public unfortunately. God help the world if he gets near the White House again, this shite that he could stop this war in 24 hours. No one has actually asked him what exactly he would do, I would imagine it would be Russia ultimately getting what it wants on territory.

Think this deserves a slot here as I am sure the U.S elections next year are playing an important role in the timing of this counter offensive and this was also raised as a crucial point by a U.S correspondent on Newsnight recently when they were discussing the strategy around what any counteroffensive would look like and what goals the West would be hoping to achieve to continue with their full support.

Trump's sole purpose, as ever, is to make it all about him. He cares nopthing for Ukraine, democracy, freedom, justice.

Depresses me that anyone even contemplates voting for him, entirely regardless of policy preferences.

Loathsome, corrupt, criminal bully.

I don't see any need to rush on the counter offensive. Don't see any evidence that Russia are gaining strength and therefore any reason to go sooner rather than later.

I also doubt the lunar cycle is as influential as it once was given modern tech. I suspect their is a lot analysis and planning going on right now. But not a rush to jump in as I suspect their is scope for a big break out if they play this right.
Personally don't think you will see much change from either side, can the Ukraines afford to lose anymore men to gain small bits of land?

War is evil, I would love to see the Russians hammered and forced back over the border but sadly I can't see it happening.

Chris Christie, a former New Jersey governor who ran for president in 2016, tweeted: “Donald Trump says he would end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours tonight on CNN. Despite how ridiculous that is to say, I suspect he would try to do it by turning Ukraine over to Putin and Russia. #Putin’sPuppet.”
Which is probably why Zelensky said "we will win this war before the next US Presidential elections"

Slava Ukraini.

Chris Christie, a former New Jersey governor who ran for president in 2016, tweeted: “Donald Trump says he would end the war in Ukraine in 24 hours tonight on CNN. Despite how ridiculous that is to say, I suspect he would try to do it by turning Ukraine over to Putin and Russia. #Putin’sPuppet.”
Anyone who actually believes that statement is a fucking moron. Firstly, to ‘end’ it he will have to get the agreement of Ukraine and the rest of NATO, given this is a proxy war. Not going to happen, unless Putin capitulates, which is not going to happen, unless forced, which would obviate the need for a settlement. This is without taking into account the fact that Russia simply won’t keep to any terms, as has been proven again and again. Anyone who thinks they will is also a fucking moron.

This pathway of ‘ending’ the war would greatly increase tensions within NATO and increase the likelihood of WW3, not reduce it.

Special relationship, my arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.