Russian invasion of Ukraine

Personally don't think you will see much change from either side, can the Ukraines afford to lose anymore men to gain small bits of land?

War is evil, I would love to see the Russians hammered and forced back over the border but sadly I can't see it happening.
I think you may need to revisit that statement in six months time, mate. Not saying you definitely will, but it’s more likely than not imo.

Trump's sole purpose, as ever, is to make it all about him. He cares nopthing for Ukraine, democracy, freedom, justice.

Depresses me that anyone even contemplates voting for him, entirely regardless of policy preferences.

Loathsome, corrupt, criminal bully.
I actually believe russia's best hope of winning this war is Trump taking office again. He despises the EU and I suspect will not hang around this time to undermine and dismantle NATO. I really believe Ukraine are going to have to get this counter offensive strategically spot on in the next 6 months and at least get back to the pre-invasion position they held by the end of the year.

Could do with Erdogan loosing as well this weekend as I think we will see a far more supportive Turkey towards Ukraine and NATO.

Common denominator with Trump, Erdogan and putin is they are all narcissistic c*nts trying to create empires in their own image.

Think this deserves a slot here as I am sure the U.S elections next year are playing an important role in the timing of this counter offensive and this was also raised as a crucial point by a U.S correspondent on Newsnight recently when they were discussing the strategy around what any counteroffensive would look like and what goals the West would be hoping to achieve to continue with their full support.

''he would never have invaded if i was president ''

love to know the mental gymnastics as to why.
Trump openly admits he wouldn't get involved in spending billions in a 'faraway land' war.
so what's stopping Putin ?

according to cnn british storm shadows are already in Ukraine.

Slava to GB!
Slava Ukraini.

Think this deserves a slot here as I am sure the U.S elections next year are playing an important role in the timing of this counter offensive and this was also raised as a crucial point by a U.S correspondent on Newsnight recently when they were discussing the strategy around what any counteroffensive would look like and what goals the West would be hoping to achieve to continue with their full support.

Many trad Republicans simply won't vote for him at the next election if he gets the nomination.
They have had enough.

Last edited:
''he would never have invaded if i was president ''

love to know the mental gymnastics as to why.
Trump openly admits he wouldn't get involved in spending billions in a 'faraway land' war.
so what's stopping Putin ?
I always understood this to mean he would have basically ceded the Donbas to russia by getting an agreement that they were autonomous regions with the agreement that Ukraine would have some form of a 'Taiwan' verbal arrangement that they would be protected in future from any russian aggression and a guaranty that they wouldn't join NATO.

He's probably right that this would have avoided a war (Zelensky definitely would have thought twice about his options) as I don't think the EU/UK at that stage were in a collective political, military or logistical place to have provide the cohesive military and financial support that the U.S were clearly going to provide. Trumps thinking kind of missed the fundamental point of the situation yet again.

I always understood this to mean he would have basically ceded the Donbas to russia by getting an agreement that they were autonomous regions with the agreement that Ukraine would have some form of a 'Taiwan' verbal arrangement that they would be protected in future from any russian aggression and a guaranty that they wouldn't join NATO.

Zero chance Putin would have stopped at Donbas and agreeing to no further Russian aggression

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.