Russian invasion of Ukraine

It’s been clear for some time that the summer offensive is a one-shot effort. A failed offensive would make it impossible politically to fund a second effort and inevitably force Zelenskyy to the negotiating table to give up the occupied lands.

I mean nobody seriously believes that this will be over by the end of 2023.

Whilst it’s dangerous to ever underestimate Russian incompetence, they’re still not *that* incompetent.

I guess their actual level of incompetence is still to be determined, but surely at the moment it stands to be judged as "very".

I do know the Russian strategic bombers,have now started to drop missiles well before the drop zone.
This is due to them being terrified of Patriot.
And if its on their mind,surely its on the mind of other Russian pilots?
Would that not give Ukraine the upper hand in the air?
The missiles russia launches are mostly long range, patriot only deals with missiles fired from long range, near the target, so the 2 never meet.

The russian strategic bombers never get close to being a target unfortunately (apart from drones at airfields), only those that try bombing troop positions are at risk, and they seem to rarely do that now, as they are very vulnerable to man launched weapons.

The missiles russia launches are mostly long range, patriot only deals with missiles fired from long range, near the target, so the 2 never meet.

The russian strategic bombers never get close to being a target unfortunately (apart from drones at airfields), only those that try bombing troop positions are at risk, and they seem to rarely do that now, as they are very vulnerable to man launched weapons.
Agree mate,a lot are launched from over the Caspian Sea.
What i was getting at was....if long range bomber pilots are worried,and they are......how will that make those feel over the battlefield,like you say,more at risk.

Slava Ukraini.

Pretty impressive,apparently a slight delay on detonation,till its well inside target.

Slava Ukraini.
In my working days used to make the metallic cases that house the timing devices for heavy shells (100 mm plus).
Designed to delay explosion on impact to allow full penetration through say 2 layers of 3 or 4 inch steel separated by say ceramic spacers that simulate tank interior.
Obviously well out of date now but as with other things in life proper penetration is superior to an "is that it" reaction.

What i was getting at was....if long range bomber pilots are worried,and they are
I don't know why they would be, as currently Ukraine has nothing to worry them at long distance, even our storm shadow is no danger to them.

Partiot basically deals with missiles aimed at a target, when they are nearly on it, and that has it's own danger in collateral damage even after missile destruction. Patriot is good defence over high interest targets.

I don't think there is any real long range missile to worry aircrew 1000km away from target (might be wrong), most missiles for this need to be launched close to the aircraft, and Ukraine won't put theirs at risk, and nor are the russians in general. Ukraine don't really have anything they can fire at aircraft many miles away from the frontline, not even sure NATO do to be honest, both have missiles that can hit ground targets at distance, and storm shadow will make that easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.