Russian invasion of Ukraine

It's amazing what a couple of localised Ukrainian counter attacks can do..

When they get hit by the new 18 NATO trained standard divisions backed up by the 10 beefed up National Guard units to take surrounded strong points, then goodness knows what the Russian mobiks will do. Clearly morale is rock bottom.

In my working days used to make the metallic cases that house the timing devices for heavy shells (100 mm plus).
Designed to delay explosion on impact to allow full penetration through say 2 layers of 3 or 4 inch steel separated by say ceramic spacers that simulate tank interior.
Obviously well out of date now but as with other things in life proper penetration is superior to an "is that it" reaction.
How many times have I heard that?

Don't panic Mr. Mannering
A bit of a press and the Russians loose it.
Goodness knows what will happen when they get hit by the actual offensive.
I think there is a decent chance that the Russian forces will utterly collapse. They are poorly trained, poorly led and poorly equipped. Morale is at rock bottom.
Very clever of Ukraine to say just enough to get them panicking and fearful.

CNN on yesterday's counter attack

Notes:
1. M113 APCs were used in the assault (so not new units for the offensive).
2. Wagner ran, the regulars didn't.
3. Russian reserves were too far back to help out. The front lines were defeated in detail before the reserves could be deployed and the reserves were monitored by drones and reserve troop concentrations struck by HIMARS limiting their effectiveness.
4. Another assault was taking place to the north of Bakhmut overnight...
5. Unusually Russia came out this morning snd publicly stated they were not losing ground around Bakhmut. Normally if the Russians say anything they are lying.
6. Ukraine letting CNN go in with the assault is an interesting development.

Last edited:
Makes it more likely that they are advancing. I wouldn’t trust the Kremlin for the time of day. Absolute fucking joke of a country.
Even the Russian people must see that the need for Kremlin correction was to counter Russian eyewitnesses from several sources.

Not exactly fighting among themselves but certainly blatantly showing all and sundry that official truth differs from reality.

Ukrainian Forces advancing towards Yahidne,Berkhivka and Dubovo-Vasylivka,Northwest Bakhmut.
To the North of Bakhmut,about 12km,they are pushing South at Zaliznyans'ke.
To the Northeast of Bakhmut,they are also pushing South towards Mykolaivka and Krasnopolivka.
Inside Bakhmut,they are slowly pushing outwards.
The South of Bakhmut,they still push East at Klishchiivka,Andriivka,Zelonopillya and Ozarianivka.
Northeast of Soledar,they now push South at Yakolivka and Bilohorivka.
Closest point to Soledar 4km.
Draw a line round them settlements,and you can see the jaws are closing.

Slava Ukraini.

Ukrainian Forces advancing towards Yahidne,Berkhivka and Dubovo-Vasylivka,Northwest Bakhmut.
To the North of Bakhmut,about 12km,they are pushing South at Zaliznyans'ke.
To the Northeast of Bakhmut,they are also pushing South towards Mykolaivka and Krasnopolivka.
Inside Bakhmut,they are slowly pushing outwards.
The South of Bakhmut,they still push East at Klishchiivka,Andriivka,Zelonopillya and Ozarianivka.
Northeast of Soledar,they now push South at Yakolivka and Bilohorivka.
Closest point to Soledar 4km.
Draw a line round them settlements,and you can see the jaws are closing.

Slava Ukraini.
It could be like Stalingrad this could.
Here's hoping anyway.

It could be like Stalingrad this could.
Here's hoping anyway.
Crazy mate,as you posted earlier,not even started the main offensive and they are falling apart.
I posted yesterday,that Ukrainian Forces had started to cause panic and confusion amongst the Russians,by hitting them with allsorts from all directions.
Its what happens before a major offensive....confusion and panic.
It looks to of done more than that....they really dont know what to do.

Slava Ukraini.

It’s been clear for some time that the summer offensive is a one-shot effort. A failed offensive would make it impossible politically to fund a second effort and inevitably force Zelenskyy to the negotiating table to give up the occupied lands.

I mean nobody seriously believes that this will be over by the end of 2023.

Whilst it’s dangerous to ever underestimate Russian incompetence, they’re still not *that* incompetent.

It hasn’t Tho. Maybe in the media but for the military observer types on Twitter I follow it’s all been suggesting that this is the 1st of many offensives and that training and arming for the winter offensive is already underway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.