Russian invasion of Ukraine

Russia's defence ministry says it has thwarted a major Ukrainian offensive in Donetsk, claiming to have killed 250 troops and destroyed armoured vehicles.

Video of what Russia says is the battle appears to show military vehicles coming under heavy fire in fields.

But there has been no comment from Kyiv and Russia's claim has not been independently verified.

Certain Russian military bloggers claim they were at the front. When this happened...
I smell bullshit!

Russia's defence ministry says it has thwarted a major Ukrainian offensive in Donetsk, claiming to have killed 250 troops and destroyed armoured vehicles.

Video of what Russia says is the battle appears to show military vehicles coming under heavy fire in fields.

But there has been no comment from Kyiv and Russia's claim has not been independently verified.

Generally, Russian propaganda has been further from the truth than Ukrainian. Let's hope that applies here.

Even if true, I guess we should expect heavy losses on the Ukrainian side in any large offensive.

Generally, Russian propaganda has been further from the truth than Ukrainian. Let's hope that applies here.

Even if true, I guess we should expect heavy losses on the Ukrainian side in any large offensive.
indeed , the Russians have had a lot of time to prepare their defences. A lot of military experts have said the counter offensive could be absorbed like a sponge.

indeed , the Russians have had a lot of time to prepare their defences. A lot of military experts have said the counter offensive could be absorbed like a sponge.
Sadly yes.
But not a great start to the offensive if true?

Sadly yes.
But not a great start to the offensive if true?

There has been shaping operations over the last few weeks to detect weak spots in defences. unfortunately sometimes those will find hard spots as well as weak spots.

while, if true, its not good, it will still only be one tiny prong of attack.

What is clear is that the offensive proper hasn't started yet. These are shaping operations to find weak spots where the offensives proper will go in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.