Russian invasion of Ukraine

While I’ve not seen the BBC stuff being mentioned i have seen a number of Military types over the last few months ( including Ukrainian ones ) saying we need to lower expectations as to what to think will be achieved in this counter offensive.

This will one of many. If people round the world think the Ukrainian’s are going to walk all over the Russian and they fail to do so then public option for support will likely drop off and hinder the 2nd/3rd/4th counter offensive.

It could well be a coordinated attempt to lower expectations by the Ukrainian’s and alies.

While I’ve not seen the BBC stuff being mentioned i have seen a number of Military types over the last few months ( including Ukrainian ones ) saying we need to lower expectations as to what to think will be achieved in this counter offensive.

This will one of many. If people round the world think the Ukrainian’s are going to walk all over the Russian and they fail to do so then public option for support will likely drop off and hinder the 2nd/3rd/4th counter offensive.

It could well be a coordinated attempt to lower expectations by the Ukrainian’s and alies.

The bit I saw wasn't so much outright negative, just that they hadn't got to the defensive lines (tank ditches and dragon's teeth) yet and the rapid advance may be a little misleading.

I don't know enough about warfare to assess the vale of the opinion, but it seemed more cautious than negative.

The bit I saw wasn't so much outright negative, just that they hadn't got to the defensive lines (tank ditches and dragon's teeth) yet and the rapid advance may be a little misleading.

I don't know enough about warfare to assess the vale of the opinion, but it seemed more cautious than negative.
There won't be any defence lines left,the way they are struggling at the minute.
Northwest of Mariupol,the Russians are pulling troops from the 2nd and 3rd defence lines....sending them to the front at Zaporizhzhia Region.
Ukrainian Forces are already breaking through defence lines in various areas.

Slava Ukraini.

I honestly think the last time I watched the BBC news without feeling I was being brainwashed was about 20 years ago. Simply cannot watch it now. Its only purpose is to tell those who cannot think for themselves what they should be thinking. Like many other outlets they need to learn that their main job is to report facts and not opinion.

The BBC is stocked with ex Oxbridge types who are wonderfully patronising to the masses. Nicholas Witchell being my personal favourite. CNN is light years ahead of the BBC.

This is where leadership is important…. We can’t compromise whilst Putin et al are at the helm. The west as a whole need to buckle down and see this through.

The BBC is stocked with ex Oxbridge types who are wonderfully patronising to the masses. Nicholas Witchell being my personal favourite. CNN is light years ahead of the BBC.
He's actually an alumnus of Leeds University, though I certainly agree with your point and pick; he's wonderfully obsequious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.