Russian invasion of Ukraine

My take on all of this is as follows:

1) Wagner head knew the Russian MoD were going to force the private army into formal MoD contracts thus he’d lose control.
2) He staged a false flag op to justify to the Russian people his march on Moscow
3) The Wagner head hoped or expected more military personnel would join his rebellion. That didn’t happen.
4) he also banked on Russia military not attacking them on Russian soil. That did happen but I suspect he was told if he enters Moscow they will be attacked.
5) Wagner knew without wider support they couldn’t defeat the Russian military so moved to plan B.
6) He’s been paid off but I suspect Putin has got what he really wanted. Control of Wagner.

What happens next who knows. Putin has been made to look weak and equally the Wagner guy did a u-turn. Both won’t let it slide…
Re: 4 I’ve seen at least 4 different air strikes on the convoy.

I’d forgotten about the Chechen fighters.

The Russian Army, Wagner and the Chechen’s.

Chechen forces are now leaving Russia's southern Rostov region and returning to the battlefield in eastern Ukraine, Russia's state-run Tass news agency reports.

The Chechen forces were urgently deployed to the Rostov region on Saturday, tasked with squashing a mutiny by Wagner mercenaries who had seized the local capital Rostov-on-Don.

But a deal was reportedly reached late that day to resolve the crisis, and Wagner fighters left the city shortly afterwards.

Tass quotes Apty Alaudinov, deputy commander of the Akhmat special unit, as saying his fighters are going back to the area around the Ukrainian city of Mariinka - the scene of fierce fighting in recent months.
They waited until Wagner had fucked off though, before they made a appearance

We have been told, that the Russian public hasn't been told, much about the reality of Putin's 'special military operation'. Would there have been greater access to the events of the last 24... and if so is that being reflected in public opinion and does anyone know how the propagandist mouthpieces are presenting this in their biased broadcasts?

They waited until Wagner had fucked off though, before they made a appearance

No, there‘s a video on BBC news showing large crowds cheering, clapping, shouting Wagner, Wagner, and taking pictures of Wagner tanks and trucks as they left the city.

Scroll down to 7:03 time to watch the video.

Wagner troops left Rostov-on-Don to sound of applause and gunshots​

One of the key moments overnight was when Wagner mercenaries left Rostov-on-Don, an important Russian city that they had effectively taken control of during their rebellion.

They left after their leader Yevgeny Prigozhin agreed to end the mutiny and go to Belarus. Neither he nor his troops will face charges, the Kremlin said.

As Wagner troops left the city, they were greeted by an apparently supportive crowd who cheered, clapped and took photos (although it's worth noting that some residents had seemingly rushed to leave the city by train on Saturday after Wagner arrived).

In the video below - verified by the BBC Verify team - you can also hear gunshots as some of the fighters fire their weapons into the air.

BEA9B0BB-8606-4B28-8B01-8E76C78101A8.jpeg

My take on all of this is as follows:

1) Wagner head knew the Russian MoD were going to force the private army into formal MoD contracts thus he’d lose control.
2) He staged a false flag op to justify to the Russian people his march on Moscow
3) The Wagner head hoped or expected more military personnel would join his rebellion. That didn’t happen.
4) he also banked on Russia military not attacking them on Russian soil. That did happen but I suspect he was told if he enters Moscow they will be attacked.
5) Wagner knew without wider support they couldn’t defeat the Russian military so moved to plan B.
6) He’s been paid off but I suspect Putin has got what he really wanted. Control of Wagner.

What happens next who knows. Putin has been made to look weak and equally the Wagner guy did a u-turn. Both won’t let it slide…
That's probably the most plausible take I've read, otherwise the whole saga just looks completely ridiculous.

Anyway it's done, and none of it appears to have helped Ukraine, the whole thing was a 24 hour side show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.