Russian invasion of Ukraine

What is the purpose of the attack on the bridge?

I understand if it was to do major damage but Russia will have that repaired in a few days and it's still operational.

I'd have thought it would make more sense to leave it be until they are ready to blow it properly.
Just to add to what others have posted, it’s also a projection of Russian power and authority. A bridge that was dreamed of for over a century that marked and cemented Russian annexation of Ukrainian sovereign territory.

Attacking such a totemic symbol of Russian power, especially repeatedly so, is an act of national defiance by the Ukrainians to show they are no longer intimidated by the nonce cunts.

In war, like in life more generally, symbolism can play a huge part in the psychology of conflict.

Like when we made those cunts take that fucking banner down!

Yes, plus Russia has no deposits of its own. Quite a bit about the 'long game' re technology also. The other big take from the series for me is how we, the West, have basically outsourced the processing of the elements to China. It's cheaper to do it there, a country with little environmental control than in Europe. The Chinese now effectively control the market as it's impossible to complete on price.
Seems to me the rare earth deposits may be the reason the salt mines that both sides fight over for so long in B. are probably suspected to contain those valuable elements.

It's incredible that the Russians are complaining that Ukraine are attacking them, what the flippin' 'eck did they expect?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.