Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yeah her party has members of Mussolini’s family in it, she’s hardly anti dictators. Plus using Borsellino and Falcones names is a bit weird. All allies welcome though.

I think Italy as a whole is anti-dictator.

I thought she named the mafia as an example of dictatorial power-by-force that should not be allowed again, and she specifically makes reference to the sacrifice of those who oppose dictators - in this case the two judges.

I think Italy as a whole is anti-dictator.

I thought she named the mafia as an example of dictatorial power-by-force that should not be allowed again, and she specifically makes reference to the sacrifice of those who oppose dictators - in this case the two judges.

There's a long history of fascism in Italy up to and including the present day.

I'ts reflected in footballers and supporters too. eg https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/01/paolo-di-canio-sunderland-racism-claims.

[I'm not trying to argue the rights and wrongs of di Canio specifically, only to point out that this is something prevalent in italian politics in a way it isn't an most other European countries]

There's a long history of fascism in Italy up to and including the present day.

I'ts reflected in footballers and supporters too. eg https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/01/paolo-di-canio-sunderland-racism-claims.

[I'm not trying to argue the rights and wrongs of di Canio specifically, only to point out that this is something prevalent in italian politics in a way it isn't an most other European countries]

There is and has been, but I don't think a majority would be in favour over whatever passes for Italian democracy (!)

Some regions may be more in favour.

We should all boycott unilever in the UK, but where do we start ? I have no real idea what they sell here.

After the story earlier today, we should try and bancrupt them here.

(I apologise to anyone on here who works for them, but continuing to operate there is bad enough, but allowing their russian employees to be conscripted and fight for russia is an absolute joke from a british company.
Shop at Aldi and avoid the big brands listed on the Unilever site. They are huge and have more than 400 top brands globally.

Interesting video of Avia Park, Moscow's largest shopping centre, showing how it's retail offering has changed since the war began, with many western retail companies leaving Russia and being replaced by Russian retail companies, or just name changes to the stores, but still stocking western goods. There is a bit of guff at the start and in-between, so either stick with the video or fast forward through it in parts.

Interesting video of Avia Park, Moscow's largest shopping centre, showing how it's retail offering has changed since the war began, with many western retail companies leaving Russia and being replaced by Russian retail companies, or just name changes to the stores, but still stocking western goods. There is a bit of guff at the start and in-between, so either stick with the video or fast forward through it in parts.

There doesn’t seem much deprivation of consumer goods in Moscow. Apple phones on display.
The gegraphical origin of those on the death roll is weighted away from Moscow and St. Petersburg, too. This reflects recruitment patterns.
People in those cities are relatively rich, well educated and influential. Unless they start making a fuss, Russian policy will not change. Contrast to ethnic minorities further east is striking.

Not sure if covered and I missed it. The US Senate has passed an amendment blocking any single President from withdrawing from NATO. It has to be via congress or senate approval.
That shows an astonishing amount of foresite for a political body, well done the septics

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.