Russian invasion of Ukraine

I think most of the music you hear is Ukrainian folk music that’s put on at source and the only children I’ve seen crying are Ukrainian babies and children because there home was destroyed.

It wasn't a comment made to create a competition. You'll get no argument from me that the Russians have committed countless war crimes and have no business being in Ukraine.

There was a little Russian lad scared and there were uncharitable comments made rather than sympathy offered.

Much of the war footage posted wouldn't ever be shared on mainstream news and there used to be policy on here about extreme images that seems to have been abandoned. I don't think it's a stretch to say there are certain posters who have a morbid interest in war.

It wasn't a comment made to create a competition. You'll get no argument from me that the Russians have committed countless war crimes and have no business being in Ukraine.

There was a little Russian lad scared and there were uncharitable comments made rather than sympathy offered.

Much of the war footage posted wouldn't ever be shared on mainstream news and there used to be policy on here about extreme images that seems to have been abandoned. I don't think it's a stretch to say there are certain posters who have a morbid interest in war.
Watching is one thing, being there is another. There is a choice and I choose not to see the blood and guts, where possible, but it’s possibly a different generation where they’ve grown up killing cartoons on GTA and COD, et al.

The reality is that we have some really sick fuckers in this world but it’s not those that watch the footage, it’s those protagonists that force their will on others and have little consideration for the consequences, Putin being one of them.

Watching is one thing, being there is another. There is a choice and I choose not to see the blood and guts, where possible, but it’s possibly a different generation where they’ve grown up killing cartoons on GTA and COD, et al.

The reality is that we have some really sick fuckers in this world but it’s not those that watch the footage, it’s those protagonists that force their will on others and have little consideration for the consequences, Putin being one of them.

I don't think anyone ever said that watching is worse than doing. But taking an unhealthy interest in consuming extreme images definitely indicates something not quite right.

This is a bit late. Apparantly it's done last thing at night on the US West Coast and occasionally sleep intervenes...

Last edited:

I don‘t post in the other thread because it’s political as well as the war, this began life in off topic as a news item if I posted anything remotely controversial I hope someone would point it out and I would delete it.

Let's be brutally honest.
The West has never done enough to support Ukraine against Russian agression.
They waited and provarocated for far to long for arm Ukraine with the weapons it needed to kick Russia out of the South of Ukraine giving Russia the chance to dig in.
This prank call proves that they just want the Ukraine war to go away and will sell Ukraine down the river as soon as Russia accepts more limited aims. Yes she is right wing but she is more anti Russian than most.
All politicians make me sick. They are ALL prepared to sell democracy down the river.
Sorry to be so despondent but it is pretty clear the collective West doesn't really give a shit about Ukraine.
The brutal fact is we spend billions to support Ukraine to defeat Russia now or spend trillions to stop them in 10 years or so.
If we wait, the West really is totally fucked.
The West doesn't necessarily want Ukraine to win this conflict, the aim is to see Russia bogged down in another Afghanistan.
To this end they will be armed only just enough to keep the fighting bubbling along without having the capacity to finish the war decisively.
The downside for the Ukrainians is that it is their territory and their population that is all the time being decimated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.