Russian invasion of Ukraine

On the pretence that NATO expansion and aggression provoked this illegal fascist invasion.

We can note that Russia is so terrified of NATO attacks that it removed most of it's troops from its NATO borders, leaving itself open to attack from the NATO aggressors, in order to invade Ukraine.

This is the reality of the "threat" Russia feels from NATO.

Putin is not in any way threatened by external attack, he is threatened by internal politics, both collapse of his kleptocracy's ability to sustain the extraction of resource to the elite, and the likes of Ukraine showing that democracy and freedom are possible. These are the threats the war is aimed to remove, not NATO.

No it was the specific atrocity I had in mind, but we are now talking about acts of genocide or war crimes not a genocidal war.

Russia wanted to assimilate Ukraine back into it's orbit not murder a large percentage of it's civilians once it held territory.

It's possible that brutal mass murders don't fall within the definition of genocide, the My Lai massacre by US soldiers is not considered a genocide. In terms of numbers and brutality it's also comparable to Bucha.

Perhaps there might be a different term that better encapsulates the events.

That isn't to say that it makes much difference to the seriousness of the murders carried out, Russia had no business being there and there are numerous crimes against humanity for which the mad dwarf bears ultimate responsibility.

Genocide in Ukraine is not widely recognised

The word genocide is also used at the political level to escalate military involvement. Which is probably why Macron declined to use it and Biden did.
Where did I say it was a genocidal war?

You do know that's a fake created by some MAGA loving moron? Probably not - you do seem very receptive to propaganda.

Its real, he said it as part of an interview with NBC.

BUT its very selective to make it look like he's begging when he's not, its in a section of the interview where he's suggesting alternative ideas.

The full quote was basically saying Ukraine has a budget hole due to the invasion, some money has been gifted from the US, G7 and EU. He's suggesting to literally use the interest from the frozen Russian assets and that would be covering a big chunk of the budget gap, He also suggests just using the frozen assets themselves. he then suggested if arms cannot be given to help set up co production facilities so Ukraine can produce it them selves. he then said if you cant give money loan it and they will be able to buy Ammo and defend the jobs etc, those jobs pay taxes, those taxes pay back the loans and allow them to buy more ammo from American companies...

One interesting point early on in this interview is him saying that for Cities that have air defence they saw a 5% growth in the economy of those Cities this year. He's asking to rent more air defence if needed, and asking to co produce it

Back to the old problem: who is the good guy? who is bad ?
I believe it's 50-50.
In international relations, there is the principle of "security is indivisible". I believe that when a tragic war occurs, especially a complex event such as the Russia-Ukraine conflict and the Palestinian Israeli issue, responsibility is also indivisible.
There is nothing complex here. Russia invaded, yes invaded Ukraine in 2014, when it took Crimea, and has effectively occupied 20% ever since. In Feb 2022, it further invaded, intending to take all its territory, it failed, and continues to fail, losing thousands of its own people doing so.

Nothing complex there.

Good morning!

Events on the left bank are gradually developing in our favor, we are making progress and there are great prospects for further development.The presence of armored vehicles indicates that a bridgehead has been created for the transfer one by one of those vehicles that can swim, it is too early to talk about pontoons. orcs can not bring reserves, they fight back with what they have.

Officer ✙

Back to the old problem: who is the good guy? who is bad ?
I believe it's 50-50.
In international relations, there is the principle of "security is indivisible". I believe that when a tragic war occurs, especially a complex event such as the Russia-Ukraine conflict and the Palestinian Israeli issue, responsibility is also indivisible.

How do you think this is 50% Ukraines fault?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.