Russian invasion of Ukraine

I hope you're right.
But if US aid ends, either Europe has to seriously step up to the plate if Russia is to be defeated.

Europe needs to step up asap, not producing no where near enough artillery shells at the minute. It's like the west want to keep it out of the news and pretend it will all go away.

Sometimes I think it's done on purpose to string Ukraine and give them just enough to fight. As an attritional war will destroy russia for years to come. If only Prigozhin didn't shit out earlier this year.

But if US aid ends, either Europe has to seriously step up to the plate if Russia is to be defeated.

Europe needs to step up asap, not producing no where near enough artillery shells at the minute. It's like the west want to keep it out of the news and pretend it will all go away.

Sometimes I think it's done on purpose to string Ukraine and give them just enough to fight. As an attritional war will destroy russia for years to come. If only Prigozhin didn't shit out earlier this year.
russia is already "defeated" that happened in spring 2022, when their objective of a 3 day war failed. As has been pointed out, their army is fucked, they're running out of equipment, their economy is fucked, they can't sustain what they attempted (or hope), and by all accounts, ukraine is now producing it's own more sophistigated weapons quicker than russia.

I very much hope this is right, but I've no way to judge. I was surprised Russia was able to muster the forces for the Avdiivka assault, given the extent of attrition.
The Russians will never run out of men but war machines are a different matter. They are losing artillery at an unsustainable rate.

Whilst we all desperately want it to be true, the Aussie doing an AMA on Reddit atm (confirmed by mods as 18 month service in AFU) is pretty unequivocal that as of now, Ukraine certainly aren’t ‘winning’ - he has lost countless friends so far with Mines responsible for the majority and is clear that losses are much closer to 1:1 than publicly stated, mentions the rumoured stat of 40:1 Russian artillery to Ukrainians and says they feel it on the ground, says that his unit has received none of the donated NATO items, says corruption is endemic with no accountability - they are left without food and they are not paid what they’re owed, what little they get paid goes on food and water. His units drones, thermal images and night vision are personally sourced and funded….

Perhaps most importantly he says that it is going to be a very long and protracted grind and Ukraine needs far, far more than NATO are providing in order to ‘win’ if there can ever be a winner amidst such devastation.

It wound probably be more convincing if "the Aussie doing AMA on Reddit" want your source for this.

Given documented Russian material losses eg tanks are way in excess of the entire Ukranian stock, 1:1 loss of people seems far fetched.

Which isn't to say there's no truth in what your source reports, indeed it could be entirely true from one person's experience, but given known facts, unlikely to be giving the overall picture.

It wound probably be more convincing if "the Aussie doing AMA on Reddit" want your source for this.

Given documented Russian material losses eg tanks are way in excess of the entire Ukranian stock, 1:1 loss of people seems far fetched.

Which isn't to say there's no truth in what your source reports, indeed it could be entirely true from one person's experience, but given known facts, unlikely to be giving the overall picture.

I read that in the southern offensive it was near 1 to 1 in terms of armour due to the fact helicopters were picking them off.

but in the east where the Russian attacked it’s closer to 10:1

That’s vehicles tho not artillery etc.

That being said I can’t find the source again.

Last edited:

How does this new dividing line change Europe ? surely we have to do everything we can to help Ukraine. It’s how the invasion into Ukraine started, the Finns think while Russians are demonstrating at the closed border, opportunity to push them back across to mother Russia. :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.