Russian invasion of Ukraine

You want some?
Not really, just sick of pages about US politics, there's thread for that, and the personal stuff isn't needed.

I could go back and just delete it all, but I don't have the time in my life right now, so will go with the easier option.

Not really, just sick of pages about US politics, there's thread for that, and the personal stuff isn't needed.

I could go back and just delete it all, but I don't have the time in my life right now, so will go with the easier option.
Agreed. My apologies for my part in any off-topic discussion.

Come on, Ukraine and here’s hoping smarter heads prevail in the U.S. Congress to get Ukraine aid back on track!

There's a documentary on Netflix about this.
They signed a 'commitment' to protect Ukraine, not a 'promise' Just that one word change has made all the difference.
The one mistake they made when they agreed to get rid of their nukes.
If that is the case what does “commitment” mean ? in my head there is hardly any difference

Our power engineers, repair crews and construction workers have been working almost non-stop all week. All those who are involved in eliminating the consequences of Russian strikes and protecting energy facilities. In different regions.

And these are many people who are literally pulling our country's normal life together. TPP workers, engineers, network technicians, electricians - everyone who is restoring electricity generation and supply. I would like to thank all of you who are really doing everything to ensure that Ukraine lives normally: with electricity, with the ability to work - all our cities and villages.
Russian terrorists are now aiming at such vile attacks - at the energy exsanguination of Ukraine.

We have given all the necessary signals to our partners, all the specific requests - to everyone who has the necessary air defense systems, to everyone who has the necessary missiles. America, Europe, our other partners - everyone knows what we need, everyone knows how important it is to help us defend ourselves against these attacks right now, at this time. I am grateful to those heads of state and government whose leadership is being demonstrated right now, who are actually fulfilling our agreements and keeping their word. I thank everyone who is fighting and working for Ukraine! I thank everyone who helps

Last edited:
Those tax increases should be aimed at those who can afford it, including taxes on assets.
Taxes on assets, which were not only paid for with post-tax dollars, but even the assets themselves have significant CAR, and in the case of real estate, even more taxes and fees?!

How many cracks do you want at an EARNED penny? Highly progressive taxes are not enough?

You’re Elizabeth Warren and I claim my $5!

Maybe, countries should set aside a fraction of their tax receipts for foreign aid and just use them judiciously.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.