Russian invasion of Ukraine

Then your average Indian is thick as fuck reading that.
Sadly most Indians are more interested in surviving day to day than geopolitics. Its the increasing, city dwelling, middle class within the country who have had the benefit of education and in many cases are employed by large businesses in the west (Accenture, Cognizant, IBM, Capgemini) who should be questioning what's going off in the wider world as their prosperity is directly linked to global events.

Seems Mr Starmer went into barrister mode for his original take on this rather than checking the facts.
The whole thing appears to be paper talk as the ones making that decision is the Americans who are the senior partner in NATO, storm shadow only has a range of 155 miles, and it will have to be launched from well inside Ukraine so the launching aircraft avoids being shot down.?

As Mr President is in charge of NATO decisions I think he may well have mixed up what we can or cannot do because our weapons can already be fired across the border in defence near Kharkiv so can the French weapons.
It needs NATO discussions regarding a unified approach to the war in Ukraine so that no mix ups occur.

Starmer is correct he’s in charge of our MOD there are no quotes only a source said that I can find online. Let’s hope the Americans give Ukraine a fighting chance because the rules of engagement are very one sided in favour of Russia.

Agree the UK population are in the dark over the Russian threat against Europe of invasion, very funny threats but then could we handle the daily propaganda ?
I think we could.

I was pissing myself laughing at them saying that Biden is the public face of a US deep state last night.

I don't contest that, but to the average Indian Joe, Zelensky is a clown for dragging his country into war and Putin is a true friend and has no other choice. That narrative isn't going to change until something catastrophic happens like Putin firing a nuclear bomb (hope not) or something.
So if the Sino–Indian border dispute escalates and the Chinese invade to take large parts of Indian territory, that's all good because Modi is a clown for not bowing down to them and has dragged his country into war.

So if the Sino–Indian border dispute escalates and the Chinese invade to take large parts of Indian territory, that's all good because Modi is a clown for not bowing down to them and has dragged his country into war.
Yep.a bit if a clown on this one.
And with the indian air force packed full of proven shit aircraft and the Army packed full of proven shit for Armored vehicles, I'd be looking around for alternatives if I was them.

Depends upon your pov is what he's saying. So yes maybe Pakistan would view it that way.

India are more aligned to Russia than the west I think he's saying?

Sadly most Indians are more interested in surviving day to day than geopolitics. Its the increasing, city dwelling, middle class within the country who have had the benefit of education and in many cases are employed by large businesses in the west (Accenture, Cognizant, IBM, Capgemini) who should be questioning what's going off in the wider world as their prosperity is directly linked to global events.
We outsourced lots of work to Accenture, visit Mimbai twice a year and they are great guys, but when I mentioned this week that Modi's visit to Russia hadn't gone down well over here they wouldn't have a word said against him. In fact the conversation turned to oil sales and how they are picking it up cheap however unknown to me most of that oil is then resold to Europe who know exactly where it came from but just don't want to be seen dealing directly with Russia, so who are the ones that should be chastised morally?

Last edited:
Haha, am I supposed to feel guilty every time I fill up my car now? Must be impossible to live without having any moral quandaries these days.
The problem is making excuses for your leaders actions. That's the bit you don't understand.
You should be condemning him, and still filling up your car...like we do here!

I don't blame the average Indian.

I just blame the ones posting absolute shite here! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.