Russian invasion of Ukraine

Disagree about it being a strategic mistake - many military analysts don't think it's a mistake either, but there you go.
It has certainly restored Ukrainian belief that they can defeat Russia - which is extremely good news.

I disagree too, tbf this person has been against the Kursk operation from day 1 due to the state of the rest of the Frontline. Hopefully they are wrong.

I disagree too, tbf this person has been against the Kursk operation from day 1 due to the state of the rest of the Frontline. Hopefully they are wrong.
If taking kursk doesn't affect the front line, then it was a waste of time and resources

If taking kursk doesn't affect the front line, then it was a waste of time and resources
But we don't know the real reason as of yet. So too early to form any opinions etc.
Whatever happens, it has certainly woken some Russians up. I think there are a few more questions being asked than before. What difference that makes remains to be seen.

Hylboke / Vovchansk pocket forming?
Ukrainian advances yesterday on the flanks of the Russian incursion into Kharkiv could be disasterpus for the Russian forces in Ukraine.
Still radio silence from Ukrainian forces BTW so they are nowhere near concluding this new operation.

Last edited:
But we don't know the real reason as of yet. So too early to form any opinions etc.
Whatever happens, it has certainly woken some Russians up. I think there are a few more questions being asked than before. What difference that makes remains to be seen.

The Sky Military pundit certainly does think it was to try to get troops moved from the front line, if that was the case its not worked yet, but it might later.

if it was to be an exchange fund to negotiate with then only time will tell.

it certainly has given a significant moral boost and makes things seem like there has been a shift in momentum and has hopefully cut some supply lines and provided some decent intel etc.

The Sky Military pundit certainly does think it was to try to get troops moved from the front line, if that was the case its not worked yet, but it might later.

if it was to be an exchange fund to negotiate with then only time will tell.

it certainly has given a significant moral boost and makes things seem like there has been a shift in momentum and has hopefully cut some supply lines and provided some decent intel etc.
I don’t think anyone can judge this incursion at this stage. Because the aims are unclear it would be foolish to try and evaluate it. It could be a horrific miscalculation or a stroke of genius. Without knowing what the wider strategic aim is, or the associated steps which may be yet to come, it’s simply a guessing game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.