Russian invasion of Ukraine

I can't say I have ever felt as uneasy as I do today, for the first time in my life I am genuinely concerned that this could end up in a nuclear conflict. I have this fear that this is going tits up for Putin and rather than suffer a humiliating withdrawal he may decide to go gung ho.

Just hoping that there are processes in place in Russia to stop this from happening.

Can anyone really get their head around going to work as normal today and then tonight the world being obliterated with thousands of nukes:(

Have a meeting in work today to discuss personal development and all that usual corporation waffle, I honestly couldn't give a fuck. Barely slept last night either.

I can't say I have ever felt as uneasy as I do today, for the first time in my life I am genuinely concerned that this could end up in a nuclear conflict. I have this fear that this is going tits up for Putin and rather than suffer a humiliating withdrawal he may decide to go gung ho.

Just hoping that there are processes in place in Russia to stop this from happening.

Can anyone really get their head around going to work as normal today and then tonight the world being obliterated with thousands of nukes:(
There are quite a few steps to go before we get to that so I wouldn't worry too much about tonight. You can probably safely go out on the lash if required. The Posh game is probably fairly safe as well...

The Russian government will try to blame anyone and everyone for this mess but it's nobody elses but their own. They invaded a sovereign state with the intention of eradicating it, something that hasn't happened in Europe since world war 2, then as a war tactic raised their nuclear readiness without provocation.

I can't stand Liz Truss, I can't stand Boris Johnson and I can't stand this Tory government but Ukraine being invaded and Russia raising it's nuclear readiness isn't on them.

Yes, it's quite depressing seeing people actually take the bait and go after Truss for this.

So far Russia has blamed its actions on having Nato on it's borders (as it has for 75 years), a non-existent genocide, a jewish president they call a neo-nazi, and of course remember this isn't an invasion it's a special operation and Russia have had 0 casualties so far.

If Liz Truss had said nothing, they'd have just found another reason.

Christ, just look at the wording of the statement. "I will not name the authors of these statements, although it was the British foreign minister" It's absurd.

We can't take the bait. The whole nuclear threat yesterday was a distraction from the fact he's getting his arse handed to him.

Some great news if true coming from that earlier incident on Snake Island where it was believed that all 13 Ukrainians had been killed after telling the captain of the Russian frigate to go 'fuck himself' when asked to surrender

Loads of propaganda on both sides.
If it’s true it’s great news!!

Interesting that while talking to a mate down the pub about this last night and expressing my disgust at that news, he told me that if I had looked a little deeper into the story then it was apparent that the fruit picking was just a way of telling Ukranians how to get into the UK, IE if they put that down when applying they would get straight in no questions asked. I dont know if that is true or not, but I do know my mate is certainly no fan of Johnson or the Torries.

Sounds either wishfully naive, or partisanly apologist.

For a start, they'd still have to qualify and meet all sorts of criteria they might not, would need time and resources they don't have etc. imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.