Russian invasion of Ukraine

Interesting article on Russian logistics from before the invasion that five days in appears to be correct on all points.
Granted I’m on one minute into it, but it’s not looking particularly accurate:

B16BBE20-1954-45AF-B861-7397FF440577.jpeg

Looks to me that they've changed their stance on Kharkiv to 'if we can't have it, nobody can'.

Dangerous from Putin but it will just anger Ukrainians more. Don't know what he's expecting when all this is over but he'll never have control in that region.

Don't think he cares anymore, the sanctions have probably pushed him over the edge.

Kharkiv is being bombed heavily right now.

Worse case scenario and he fires off some nukes.

I'm gonna come off as dumb as fuck here but I've never ever had to think about this happening.

Can we stop it ? Shoot it down ? Jam signals. What defences do we have other than hide in a basement (which I don't have)
Nuclear subs are out as always and ready

I'm gonna come off as dumb as fuck here but I've never ever had to think about this happening.

Can we stop it ? Shoot it down ? Jam signals. What defences do we have other than hide in a basement (which I don't have)
In the Cold War days, nuclear conflict was sometimes summarised as 'MAD', an abbreviation of 'Mutually Assured Destruction'. In simple terms, forget the idea of taking cover because we're all fucked!

Well, it's a different situation than the 80's. Much fewer nukes, better air defences, missiles not as close (East Germany, Ukraine no longer Soviet, etc) so longer time to react, better satellite surveillance, lower yield weapons, more defensive sites across Europe with the addition of several former Soviet Bloc members joining NATO.

So it'll be disastrous but nothing like what was feared in the 80's. Let's hope we never have to find out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.