S.O.S.Save Our Shaun (Merged)

mancini must keep wright phillips.

if he's worried about the 25 man squad rule, then just get rid of milner- he's useless!

shaun is a great player and is one of the most hard- working players we have. he has already scored two goals in the friendlies and johnson certainly would not have scored against inter today without wright phillips' cross.

despite his lack of consistency last season, he looks to be coming back into form with great performances in the pre- season friendlies. i'd like to hope that mancini will begin develop a positive attitude towards shaun as he is a fantastic player and could be a vital weapon against opposition in both the premiership and the champions league.

I don't really see SWP as a winger because he doesn't have the skills - to make room on the wing and cross. He does make a very good inside forward. It's the same as has been said about Theo Walcott, that he's better down the middle than out on the wing.

If SWP could keep up his confidence, produce a reasonable return of goals and assists he would be a valuable squad member. Sometimes he seems to waste a lot final balls but he has shown he can do better if he puts his mind to it. Roberto should tell him he does have a role to play if he maintains the effectiveness he has shown this preseason.

I'm not so sure that Mancini will keep him for the 25, he's already said as much in that he's too good to spend the season on the bench.
He's been using the pre-season as a platform to showcase that he isn't finished as a player and that he is a saleable worthwhile asset although as he's so far into his contract we may not get much for him.

Unfortunately i don't think he'll be with the squad after the end of the transfer window. I seem to remember this time last year with Jo where he had plenty of game time in pre-season to get him an opportunity to move but was still the useless flop we know he is and there were no takers. With Shauny, it may well be different though i'd love to see him stay, he's a great example for the younger players to have around and he seems to get on with everyone - so, come on Mr Mancini, keep him in the 25

I think its time for us to make a clean break from Shaun. Since he came back to the club it hasnt worked and it will be more of the same with Mancini he will be lucky to make the bench when everyone is fit. Yes we will all remember the good old days when SWP first broke into the team and was running riot. Sadly those days are long gone. He is behind Weiss and AJ in my view so for him to play football and be the big fish at a smaller club would be better for all involved. We have let go some better players than SWP in windows gone by sadly for SWP his time is up. Its harder when they have come into the team by working there way up the ranks at the club and all the fans love them to bits but a bit like his time at Chelsea he just isnt a big time player for the top 4 clubs. I wish him the best if he gets a move and I hope he does well.

Problem for shauny is he only plays well when he's a regular in the team. He's all about confidence. That's why Mancini thinks he needs to move somewhere he can play every week.

Bay Area Blue said:
Problem for shauny is he only plays well when he's a regular in the team. He's all about confidence. That's why Mancini thinks he needs to move somewhere he can play every week.

Bobby made it plain to SWP that a good pre-season by him would result in a place in the squad. He's had that and hopefully will play a key part for us this coming season

1 - Hart
2 - Taylor
3 - Hildebrand
4 - Richards
5 - Zabaleta
6 - Kompany
7 - Lescott
8 - Kolo Toure
9 - Clichy
10 - Kolarov
11 - De Jong
12 - Yaya Toure
13 - Barry
14 - Milner
15 - Silva
16 - A.Johnson
17 - SWP
18 - Cerci
19 - Nasri
20 - Aguero
21 - Tevez
22 - Dzeko
23 - Weiss
24 -
25 -

Why are people worrying if Shauny will make the 25? There's more than enough room for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.