Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

Would be a brilliant back-up for Zabba and could also be used as an emergency CB if need be. He's been one of Arsenal's stand out performers this year would potentially be a great signing for us.

I thought he was homegrown but apparently not so thats my only concern personally, otherwise he can offer us more than Micah can sadly consider how little Micah is actually available for us :/

As others have pointed out 90k doesn't sound cheap until you factor in the amount we'd have to pay to buy a player of his skill.

Id be a fan of this signing if it happened. Sagna's final ball/crossing is brilliant imo.

FantasyIreland said:
Perfect signing,the right quality and experience who,at 31,will be content with an understudy role at a top tier,trophy gathering,club like ours.

His signing also allows for the natural progression of the Academy talents - Maffeo? springs to mind.

I'll be honest in admitting I rarely watch any televised football other than City if I haven't got to the game myself. So I haven't really got a clue about the qualities of Sagna and his mindset if he was to come here at 31 on a 3 year contract to play understudy!

My worry is that such an action almost stinks of highly paid early retirement train of thought for a 31 year old and that alone worries me slightly. I can't help but think that understudy players should be developing and learning, thus keeping the man with the shirt on his toes until the day when they supersede them.

I would personally, bearing in mind Zabba's robustness and James Milner's versatility, that a youngster is brought through.

If someone can readily set my mind at ease and give me some hard factual reasons for employing Sagna then that would be great.

FantasyIreland said:
Perfect signing,the right quality and experience who,at 31,will be content with an understudy role at a top tier,trophy gathering,club like ours.

His signing also allows for the natural progression of the Academy talents - Maffeo? springs to mind.

Agree, but he'll have to ditch that hairstyle.

I know it's Twitter, trending now that he's been offered a 3 year deal.

Admittedly I could attempt to get it trending that I have been offered a 3 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.