Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

CTID101 said:
It isn't about us wanting to keep Micah,
If you believe it Tolmie has said we offered him a new contract and he has turned it down, his head has no doubt been turned by Liverpool or even Arsenal who will give him a big contract and he will start every game he is fit! .

Why would ARS or Pool want him? Any credible source? Haven't they seen his injury record or his performances when he was fit ? Unless they are banking on their med staff to miraculously turn him into a bionic man all of a sudden

Sad to see how it turned out for Richards though. Just before the start of our title winning season I could remember members here discussing how much time zaba will get to play it with Richards first choice and whether we would sell him.

another generation said:
35k5oox.jpg

"He's got spag bol, on his head....."

Think this is just paper talk to tbh. I don't see city wanting two right backs at there peak in the same squad, its just a waste of wages. We will be looking at someone younger and more versatile.

secondtoughest said:
What's Sagna's injury record like?
Done well this season but apart from that it's chequered and that's being nice.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:20 pm --<br /><br />
Thaksinssoldier said:
It's a good move. He's top drawer and we only need him for a season as Rekik will be coming through by then.

If Micah goes(and I'll be really sad if he does) well Rekik takes his homegrown slot and is eased into the team. But its important we have a short term fix for any injuries or suspensions to Zab and Sagna makes sense if Rekik is the future.
Rekik is a left footed centre half that can play left full at a stretch. Sagna is a right back...

Seen Sagna quite often this season and he hasn't got to the line often enough to see how he would fit into our system. Moreover, he's looked defensively vulnerable in the CL ties.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Think this is just paper talk to tbh. I don't see city wanting two right backs at there peak in the same squad, its just a waste of wages. We will be looking at someone younger and more versatile.

I think we ought to go for someone like Davide Santon a the barcodes. He's quality.

We have some pretty damn good right-backs in the academy, including England's U18 right-back and Spain's U17 right-back. I think Nwakali, one of the Nigerian wonderkids from their U17 World Cup winning squad, is a right-back too (or can play there).

Sagna would be ideal. Zaba and Sagna are 2 of the top 4 or 5 right-backs in the league and will be for a little longer (Zaba longer than Sagna). And Sagna earns only £60,000 a week at Arsenal so even if we bumped that up so £80,000 I'm not sure that's any more than Micah earns since he got his big contract in 2011 when we were still throwing out big wages to anyone.

And the money we'd make from Micah could go to replenishing other positions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.