Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

I think this makes sense as it sounds like we've got a few good prospects coming through who may not be ready for the step up for a couple of years.

I was surprised when I initially heard this and thought it paper talk...

But on reflection it does make sense for City.

Zaba needs a credible back up and Micah is not it due to injuries etc, Sagan is capable. Knows PL and Champs league and on a free.

Ticks a lot of boxes

smart move for City. experienced, still have couple of years ahead of him, and the most important, he's FREE signing.

hopefully Richards will stay and playing as a CB, replacing Lescott.

get another quality CB like Manggala or Benatia, to be Kompany's partner, and we are good to go at the back 4.

for a left back, unless we can get Luke Shaw, Clichy has to stay, for a homegrown slot.

-------- (LB) ------------------------- (LCB) ------------------------------------- (RCB) ----------------------------- (RB)
Kolarov/Clichy --- Manggala/Nastasic/Rekik --- Kompany/Richards/Demichelis --- Zabaleta/Sagna

capiloton said:
smart move for City. experienced, still have couple of years ahead of him, and the most important, he's FREE signing.

hopefully Richards will stay and playing as a CB, replacing Lescott.

get another quality CB like Manggala or Benatia, to be Kompany's partner, and we are good to go at the back 4.

for a left back, unless we can get Luke Shaw, Clichy has to stay, for a homegrown slot.

-------- (LB) ------------------------- (LCB) ------------------------------------- (RCB) ----------------------------- (RB)
Kolarov/Clichy --- Manggala/Nastasic/Rekik --- Kompany/Richards/Demichelis --- Zabaleta/Sagna

Richards as a centre back? Have you seen his recent CB performances?.. (Admittedly a while ago). His inability to read the game means he's even more exposed at CB than he is at RB - where his athleticism does allow him some scope to recover. If Richards can't secure a place in our squad as a RB and on recent evidence he can't then he needs to go elsewhere. I'd never play him as a CB.

Sagna was getting beaten for pace by Matt Jarvis amongst others two seasons ago. Sagna is painfully average now, I don't see where anyone gets this 8/10 RB nonsense from. The opposition LBs barely have any work to do when he's on the pitch. Literally all you have to do is stand there and wait for him to pass it inside - he won't take you on and he won't supply consistent quality crosses.

Off Arsenal Mania. Don't think he's a fan.

Kun Aguero said:
Sagna was getting beaten for pace by Matt Jarvis amongst others two seasons ago. Sagna is painfully average now, I don't see where anyone gets this 8/10 RB nonsense from. The opposition LBs barely have any work to do when he's on the pitch. Literally all you have to do is stand there and wait for him to pass it inside - he won't take you on and he won't supply consistent quality crosses.

Off Arsenal Mania. Don't think he's a fan.

He probably wasn't a fan of Narsi, Fabregas etc when he was forced to accept they were off either!

I've not seen much/anything really of Sagna but for free, given his experience I'd take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.