Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

Whoever we sign, it needs to be more than simply a back up to Zabaleta. For the last two years, Zabaleta has had no support from Richards and been run into the ground as a consequence. As fabulous and willing as he is, it would be short-sighted to think that this can continue indefinitely, especially after the toll of the World Cup, so we need someone who can come in and play perhaps half of the league games and not simply the cup fixtures. We saw how Clichy looked tired earlier in the season, again probably the result of playing too much last year, but has been sharper recently, since Kolarov and he have been sharing duties. I'm not Sagna's biggest fan, but I can understand the logic in signing him.

I think he'd be more suited to adapt to our attacking style than Richards is, plus he can put in an absolute killer cross. On a free, he'd be a very good buy.

I'm horrified by the link with Sagna. Slow. Big step back from Richards.

If we buy a player from Arsenal, I think it will be Vermaelen

Marvin said:

I can't wrap my head around that second sentence. Richards has been stealing a living since the title-winning season while Sagna has been one of the league's better right-backs. At least Sagna would be around to play which, by default, would make him better.

I know some people still live in that great season, but it's gone and the few times we do see Micah now, he looks miles off being a City player, just storming up and down the pitch without any idea or logic to his play. 2 Premier League appearances this season... 7 last season. His unreliability is going to send Zabaleta into early retirement as we're running Zaba into the ground while Clichy and Kolarov are able to rotate.

Also strange endorsing the signing of the 3rd choice centre-back from a team that has conceded 9 more goals than us. There are much better centre-backs in his age group like Godin.

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:

I can't wrap my head around that second sentence. Richards has been stealing a living since the title-winning season while Sagna has been one of the league's better right-backs. At least Sagna would be around to play which, by default, would make him better.

I know some people still live in that great season, but it's gone and the few times we do see Micah now, he looks miles off being a City player, just storming up and down the pitch without any idea or logic to his play. 2 Premier League appearances this season... 7 last season. His unreliability is going to send Zabaleta into early retirement as we're running Zaba into the ground while Clichy and Kolarov are able to rotate.

Also strange endorsing the signing of the 3rd choice centre-back from a team that has conceded 9 more goals than us. There are much better centre-backs in his age group like Godin.

I agree.

Richards injury concerns is what will see him moving on from City.

Great lad from what I see but like Rodwell as well we can't be challenging for trophies relying on injury prone players, if Jovetic keeps getting injures he will be looked to moved on as well I reckon, his injuries have been going on since his days at Fiorentina.

In regards to Vermaelen I am shocked at how his name is brought up to partner Kompany, the guy is half the player he was a few seasons ago and is now a reserve for Koscielny, so if he is not good enough to be a starter for Arsenal how is he going to be good enough for us?

Marvin said:

Sometimes I'm not sure you even watch football.

Think Sanga is a division decent player and would be a good free transfer, but I think we should go for a younger player (Even academy graduate if possible), as he could learn from Zaba's experience and are less likely to be upset with rotation.

The best right back in the league (After Zaba) for me is Seamus Coleman. Gritty defender and not scared to push on and puts in a decent delivery. May cost a bit though

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Arsenal, black smoke for the renewal of Sagna. He wants the City

The renewal with Arsenal is in stand-by mode. For that Bacary Sagna has intensified in the last hour contacts with Manchester City. According to Tuttomercatoweb.com collected by the French full-back, out of contract with the Gunners at the end of the season, would be thinking of moving to the court of Manuel Pellegrini. The name of Sagna had been approached first to Milan and then to Inter Milan and Naples.

LoveCity said:
Marvin said:

A fine post LC, not to piss on Marv's parade, i am not.
I just feel your post on it's own was very good, saddening but true.
We all love Micah and the fact he would when fit run through a brick wall for us but he simply is not fit even close to enough.

Sagna whilst not a star name so to speak has a quiet steel to his game, i have seen him keep his shit together when the rest of them have done the usual and fallen apart. He is not perfect but if we bought him would it satiate me ?, yes it would.

SPIDERBOY said:
EXCLUSIVE TMW - Arsenal, black smoke for the renewal of Sagna. He wants the City

The renewal with Arsenal is in stand-by mode. For that Bacary Sagna has intensified in the last hour contacts with Manchester City. According to Tuttomercatoweb.com collected by the French full-back, out of contract with the Gunners at the end of the season, would be thinking of moving to the court of Manuel Pellegrini. The name of Sagna had been approached first to Milan and then to Inter Milan and Naples.

Zabaleta is clearly our outstanding right back so going out spending silly money on another one would be just stupid, Sagna on a free would be perfect and will give Zabaleta that breathing space when he needs it.

It would be a sensible signing if anything in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.