Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

Don't like him but seeing Zaba looking dead in the past couple of games makes you realise how much we need another right back. If we can get him in on a free on similar wages to Micah there's no doubt he'll bring a lot more to the table (he might actually play) and we can use the money saved to sign other players elsewhere (centre half, centre mid)

I would rather use Milner as a back up RB instead of signing Sagna.

Liverpool are competing for the league with 2 of their academy players Sterling and Flanegan, why can't we promote our academy RB as a back up at least !

El Mago said:

Liverpool are competing for the league with 2 of their academy players Sterling and Flanegan, why can't we promote our academy RB as a back up at least !

Perhaps ours aint good enough...just a thought

JCB001 said:
El Mago said:

Perhaps ours aint good enough...just a thought

Rodgers didn't see Flanagan as the finished product he had to really work with Flanagan and coach his methods in him, I reckon had it been any other so called manager and just put Flanagan in the team and expected him to perform he would have struggled big time.

Pellegrini has to do what Rodgers has done with Liverpool's youngsters and not just see them as finished products but actually see potential that with proper coaching they will eventually come good.

Not a lot of managers want to what Rodgers is doing whilst challenging for titles etc.. they want results quickly and working with youngsters is too much of a risk for them and this will be the test for all the managers at City.

Who could we promote? Facey has been playing as a centre-back with Vieira preferring Drury, who probably won't make it at City, as right-back.

Maffeo and Smith-Brown are 16 and 17 and far too raw, but very good prospects. I think Chidi Nwakali can play right-back too, but also just 17 and won't have a work permit anyway.

There is no obvious right-back to step up and that is why 31-year-old Sagna could be an excellent signing. We'd have a right-back in his prime at 29 and a right-back who recently turned 31 so is probably in the latter part of his prime.

Probably better to fine a younger RB so he can get help from Zabaleta and be here much longer term. Zabaleta is what 29 now so into his best years already.

LoveCity said:
Here's some statistics from Squawka on Zaba vs. Sagna. Now I am sure Zaba is better, but Sagna would be a quality backup.

BTW, Arsenal fanboy John Cross is saying Arsenal may cave in and break policy by offering him a 3-year contract so he could still stay... unless he wants to win the league before he retires. :P

SVJOydc.png

GZgwnm0.png

Zabaleta's definitely dipped this season. Nothing major given he was immaculate last season but he has only been a 7/10 this year for me and the lack of competition because of Richard's injuries is partly to blame. I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed Sagna but given his wages just seems unecessary. Take a punt on a young one like Byram at Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.