Sainsbury's - Employee sacked for not paying for bags

Batteries from Do It All. I’d put my Walkman in my pocket without batteries in it, walk on to the shop floor, steal two batteries, put them in the Walkman and later on put my Walkman in my locker.

We were often searched but they’d never think my Walkman had stolen batteries in it. They were considered high theft items so a quantity missing wasn’t unusual.

We were paid awful wages and treated like garbage so it felt right. I now know it was still wrong.

No wonder they went bust.

Worked with a guy who manipulated a fantasy football weekly we did. Nothing to do with work funds, just his colleagues.

Ended up getting caught, sacked and losing his pension - all for about £20.

Daft ****.
Employers can’t touch your pension if you’re sacked

Employers can’t touch your pension if you’re sacked
Not true.

Under Regulation 6(1)(c) of the Occupational Pension Schemes (Assignment, Forfeiture, Bankruptcy etc) Regulations 1997, any public service occupational pension scheme can be forfeited where the member is convicted of an offence committed in connection with their service as a public servant.

Not true.

Under Regulation 6(1)(c) of the Occupational Pension Schemes (Assignment, Forfeiture, Bankruptcy etc) Regulations 1997, any public service occupational pension scheme can be forfeited where the member is convicted of an offence committed in connection with their service as a public servant.

Even applies to pension schemes that unlike the NHS pension aren't guaranteed, e.g. local government pensions.

Employers could touch private pensions too if they brought a civil a claim. Don't think there's any think preventing that is there?

Supermarkets factor in a budget for shoplifting losses. Yet they'll come down on an employee they pay poorly instead.
Employees are in a position of trust. And, fair or not, higher standards will be expected from them in comparison to the plebs. The person the thread is about was silly to put themselves in that position. Would the theft bankrupt the company? No; of course not. But is the company supposed to turn a blind eye to it because of the minor cost of the stolen items?

Employees are in a position of trust. And, fair or not, higher standards will be expected from them in comparison to the plebs. The person the thread is about was silly to put themselves in that position. Would the theft bankrupt the company? No; of course not. But is the company supposed to turn a blind eye to it because of the minor cost of the stolen items?
I get your argument.

I also get that these companies bend over backwards to appease customers, and occasionally criminals and screw down employees to cover those losses.

Batteries from Do It All. I’d put my Walkman in my pocket without batteries in it, walk on to the shop floor, steal two batteries, put them in the Walkman and later on put my Walkman in my locker.

We were often searched but they’d never think my Walkman had stolen batteries in it. They were considered high theft items so a quantity missing wasn’t unusual.

We were paid awful wages and treated like garbage so it felt right. I now know it was still wrong.
I did a recomission on a classic car in the 90's that was owned by the son of the then owner of do it all. Came down one Saturday morning to discuss the work and turned up in a special edition Aston Martin Virage. Stunning car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.