Salzburg £5

For anyone who has paid £5 for the tin of Quality Street at ASDA..... Provided you have your receipt you can get a full refund and then nip to Tesco where they are on sale for £4.

I couldn't give a fuck if it's £5 now or not, i've got my ticket.

But the club have this all backwards. They know full well, they will not get close to selling out long before the tickets go on sale. So why not make it £5 from the start, instead of knowing in your head you will drop it closer to the game if you're struggling to shift tickets.

All it does it cause problems, as this thread shows.

They need to have a re-think about dropping prices in future for the less glamorous games like this, and do it from the start. It's just amateur

To be fair the marketing / ticket office have fucked up with this. Right before Christmas some people could have saved a bit of money, always helps in the current times.

I paid the full price for me and my daughter, to be fair £30 ain't the end of the world. I would like the difference back and the little bit extra would be nice this time of year. I wont be kicking off for it, they either will or wont - I expect they wont.

Yesterday I was told by a friend that she got refunded the difference, she rang up this morning to make sure it had gone through to be told that they wont do refunds for the difference - like someone else said she is now waiting for a manger to call her back.

I can see the point of those annoyed by people "moaning" and comparing it to items of food in supermarkets. But view it this way - you favourite band has a up coming gig, you have been to load of their gigs before, you love this band. But the gig is on a school night, but you get you tickets early because you are a fan, you love that band. After a few weeks the band notice that tickets are not selling to well so they drop the price by approx. 150%, do you feel slightly shafted by the band you have so loyally supported over the years? Whilst others who only know the bands hits when you know all the album tracks, b sides and demos get to sit next to you having paid 150% less for their ticket.

Yes I want the stadium to be full, but City should have had the game as a fiver from the start, then it probably would have sold out.

itsnevereasy said:
To be fair the marketing / ticket office have fucked up with this. Right before Christmas some people could have saved a bit of money, always helps in the current times.

I paid the full price for me and my daughter, to be fair £30 ain't the end of the world. I would like the difference back and the little bit extra would be nice this time of year. I wont be kicking off for it, they either will or wont - I expect they wont.

Yesterday I was told by a friend that she got refunded the difference, she rang up this morning to make sure it had gone through to be told that they wont do refunds for the difference - like someone else said she is now waiting for a manger to call her back.

I can see the point of those annoyed by people "moaning" and comparing it to items of food in supermarkets. But view it this way - you favourite band has a up coming gig, you have been to load of their gigs before, you love this band. But the gig is on a school night, but you get you tickets early because you are a fan, you love that band. After a few weeks the band notice that tickets are not selling to well so they drop the price by approx. 150%, do you feel slightly shafted by the band you have so loyally supported over the years? Whilst others who only know the bands hits when you know all the album tracks, b sides and demos get to sit next to you having paid 150% less for their ticket.

Yes I want the stadium to be full, but City should have had the game as a fiver from the start, then it probably would have sold out.

Well said! Thats what im angry about, I've just finished uni and got a job so I don't have a great deal of money at the moment as im paying back various things so that £40 I could have saved would have gone a long way for me especially at this time of year.

Why they couldn't just make it £5 from the begining I don't know, they knew it wasn't going to be a popular game with it being on TV.

itsnevereasy said:

City tried to get fuller crowds with the 3 for 2 offer but that didn't work. At the end of the day they have taken a decision to try and boost the crowd and hopefully have a knock on effect to encourage fans to come to Eastlands for other games too (FA Cup for instance if we don't get a glamour tie). They know that it will not be popular with all but it is a calculated risk.

It is pretty unfair to be slating City when the real problem is those who turn their back on games such as this. It's not possible for everybody to get to every single game granted but when you look at the number of season ticket holders compared to cup game crowds it does annoy me - especially at times when some of those who can afford to watch away legs can't be bothered with the home ones! - so I won't complain about City for trying to fill the seats with a quick fix measure.

I bought a new outfit last week - gutted to get an email today offering me 30% off but shit happens.

itsnevereasy said:

I understand but your maths is out.

It is 75% cheaper (if the tickets were £20) not 150% (or 80% if the tickets were £25).

You can't have someone paying more than 100% less than you without them actually being paid to go.

It also happens all the time at gigs that are not sold out mate - especially the MEN box seats. It is supply and demand and simple economics.

Even if I do get a refund i've still lost the interest that I would have earned from the 20 quid sitting in my bank account for 3 weeks.

Seriously pissed off!

Uber Blue said:
Even if I do get a refund i've still lost the interest that I would have earned from the 20 quid sitting in my bank account for 3 weeks.

Seriously pissed off!

And you forgot about being compensated for the time you had to use making posts at Bluemoon, which could have been used for your job which pays 5 quid per hour ;)

Uber Blue said:

Seriously pissed off!

I wholeheartedly agree with you. No more buying tickets early to games that I know wont be sold out. Take that City!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.