Salzburg £5

SWP's back said:
bluwes said:
So I buy a ticket at 4 pm Wednesday for £25 and at 9 am the following day all those who can't be arsed are getting it for £5
And you think that's ok

Yes, were you happy with your ticket on Wednesday night? Were you happy with the price you paid? Why should it matter what someone bought the ticket for the next day?

I already had my ticket long before Wed.

bluwes said:
SWP's back said:
Yes, were you happy with your ticket on Wednesday night? Were you happy with the price you paid? Why should it matter what someone bought the ticket for the next day?

I already had my ticket long before Wed.

Yes - I said that to let you know I did not get a cheap ticket which would invalidate my argument and make people say "Well you would say that, you only paid a £5) etc".

pfft.

bluwes said:
Just want to clarify things that emerged from my first post on page 15, for my own benefit because no one else will give a s**t

I was posting on my phone and then was in a meeting all afternnon so couldnt really tell the whole story.
Sof or the benefit of SWP's Back, Superbia and nunogo, who all had a go at me on here,and none of whom had the decency to acknowledge my post about why I only bought a ticket on Wednesday.

I had been reading this thread yesterday and people were almost taking it for granted that City would refund the difference on the revised ticket price. I had to go down to City anyway this morning so I thought I would enquire what the situation was. when I was told no refunds, I posted straight away on here to let people know what was going on.
After I posted I spoke with the manager, who was fantastic and explained that the terms and conditions on the tickets don't allow for a refund in the week of a game.

She offered to help as I had another ticket query, because before the need to fly my lad home for the funeral, he was coming home at Christmas and would want tickets for the Villa and Blackpool games along with Newcastle away.
She was really helpful and sorted things out

At no stage in my OP did I complain about the price I had paid for the ticket, infact City have a free access to my wallet over the years going home and away season after season.

What I don't expect is posters jumping down my throat when they are not in possession of the full facts.Another example of what has been happening on this forum this past 12 months or so.

There got it off my chest, don't expect anyone else will care but I needed to post this as I have been fuming all afternoon.

Firstly my sympathies on your loss.

As your post is amongst many I did not see it originally, rather than not having the decency to reply, and have now searched it out - as you say we were not in possession of the full facts as you had not originally stated the full facts. If you believe me asking a question that you have now answered was "having a go" then I am sorry you choose to take it that way. City have come in for a lot of criticism in this thread and I have simply chosen to defend them.

SWP's back said:
bluwes said:
Just want to clarify things that emerged from my first post on page 15, for my own benefit because no one else will give a s**t

I was posting on my phone and then was in a meeting all afternnon so couldnt really tell the whole story.
Sof or the benefit of SWP's Back, Superbia and nunogo, who all had a go at me on here,and none of whom had the decency to acknowledge my post about why I only bought a ticket on Wednesday.

I had been reading this thread yesterday and people were almost taking it for granted that City would refund the difference on the revised ticket price. I had to go down to City anyway this morning so I thought I would enquire what the situation was. when I was told no refunds, I posted straight away on here to let people know what was going on.
After I posted I spoke with the manager, who was fantastic and explained that the terms and conditions on the tickets don't allow for a refund in the week of a game.

She offered to help as I had another ticket query, because before the need to fly my lad home for the funeral, he was coming home at Christmas and would want tickets for the Villa and Blackpool games along with Newcastle away.
She was really helpful and sorted things out

At no stage in my OP did I complain about the price I had paid for the ticket, infact City have a free access to my wallet over the years going home and away season after season.

What I don't expect is posters jumping down my throat when they are not in possession of the full facts.Another example of what has been happening on this forum this past 12 months or so.

There got it off my chest, don't expect anyone else will care but I needed to post this as I have been fuming all afternoon.

I have no interest in anyones reasons for buying a ticket whenever. I also have no interest in the amount they pay for it, be it less or more than I did mine. I have one interest and one interest only, supporting my club and we tend to do better with a full house, which goes to make the game a more pleasurable experience.
Yep me aswell.
Sorry about the editing,that nails it down for me.
At least people who couldn't afford can now go,everyones a winner.

gillymcfc said:
I would rather we sell out than sit there with only 24,000 fans.

So here's to the club for trying to fill the ground!!!

For the record I paid the £50 upfront!

The club have done similar ticket deals in the last couple of years. The last one was Everton in March IIRC, we paid about £32 in advance and the club were trying to sell the 3rd tiers in the East & CB stands in the days leading up to the game at £10.

Part of the problem (outwith the unglamorous opposition) is it's midweek which doesn't suit a lot of people due to work, travel etc.

Maybe they over-priced in the 1st place, but at least they have reacted.

With the Financial Fair Play Regs coming into force, and next season's income being included in the calculations, expect higher ticket prices. That will be the price to pay for European football. There's no getting around it because the owners can't subsidise the club's income any more.

Good on the club for trying to do something positive in getting people through the gate what use is an empty seat at the end of the day,but anybody who thinks that it's ok that someone can pay £20 more than somebody who buys one the day after is living on a different planet!!

It seems to be coming a regular occurrence after the farce with the Poznan tickets which the club did well in rectifying but only after dropping the clanger at the start!! Why the tickets weren't cheaper in the 1st place I don't know because our gates in Europe are poor!!

howfen blue said:
Good on the club for trying to do something positive in getting people through the gate what use is an empty seat at the end of the day,but anybody who thinks that it's ok that someone can pay £20 more than somebody who buys one the day after is living on a different planet!!

It seems to be coming a regular occurrence after the farce with the Poznan tickets which the club did well in rectifying but only after dropping the clanger at the start!! Why the tickets weren't cheaper in the 1st place I don't know because our gates in Europe are poor!!

As has been pointed out it is only similar to buying an item in a shop and then seeing it reduced. In terms of why the tickets were not cheaper in the first place City had perhaps misplaced faith in fans buying tickets at a reasonable but not overly discounted price - the club is not a charity so initially will try and make something from ticket sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.