Salzburg £5

SWP's back said:
itsnevereasy said:
To be fair the marketing / ticket office have fucked up with this. Right before Christmas some people could have saved a bit of money, always helps in the current times.

I paid the full price for me and my daughter, to be fair £30 ain't the end of the world. I would like the difference back and the little bit extra would be nice this time of year. I wont be kicking off for it, they either will or wont - I expect they wont.

Yesterday I was told by a friend that she got refunded the difference, she rang up this morning to make sure it had gone through to be told that they wont do refunds for the difference - like someone else said she is now waiting for a manger to call her back.

I can see the point of those annoyed by people "moaning" and comparing it to items of food in supermarkets. But view it this way - you favourite band has a up coming gig, you have been to load of their gigs before, you love this band. But the gig is on a school night, but you get you tickets early because you are a fan, you love that band. After a few weeks the band notice that tickets are not selling to well so they drop the price by approx. 150%, do you feel slightly shafted by the band you have so loyally supported over the years? Whilst others who only know the bands hits when you know all the album tracks, b sides and demos get to sit next to you having paid 150% less for their ticket.

Yes I want the stadium to be full, but City should have had the game as a fiver from the start, then it probably would have sold out.

I understand but your maths is out.

It is 75% cheaper (if the tickets were £20) not 150% (or 80% if the tickets were £25).

You can't have someone paying more than 100% less than you without them actually being paid to go.

It also happens all the time at gigs that are not sold out mate - especially the MEN box seats. It is supply and demand and simple economics.

Was never good with %'s - but the point was there.

Superbia - I am not slating City, just stating that they fucked up with the Marketing on this. And in the future they risk losing people or people not going. If we progress and don't get a big club in the next round and they put tickets at £25 will most people just wait to see if they put them down to a fiver again before buying, this would lose the club a lot of money if (and I know its a big if) it happened.

Impeccable One said:
Uber Blue said:
Even if I do get a refund i've still lost the interest that I would have earned from the 20 quid sitting in my bank account for 3 weeks.

Seriously pissed off!

And you forgot about being compensated for the time you had to use making posts at Bluemoon, which could have been used for your job which pays 5 quid per hour ;)

Good point. Do you think I could sue the club for Repetitive Strain Injury?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197122&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197122&start=40</a>

Pay £15 for the Santa stroll and get 2 free Salzburg tickets!!!

Bojinov The Bull said:
itsnevereasy said:
To be fair the marketing / ticket office have fucked up with this. Right before Christmas some people could have saved a bit of money, always helps in the current times.

I paid the full price for me and my daughter, to be fair £30 ain't the end of the world. I would like the difference back and the little bit extra would be nice this time of year. I wont be kicking off for it, they either will or wont - I expect they wont.

Yesterday I was told by a friend that she got refunded the difference, she rang up this morning to make sure it had gone through to be told that they wont do refunds for the difference - like someone else said she is now waiting for a manger to call her back.

I can see the point of those annoyed by people "moaning" and comparing it to items of food in supermarkets. But view it this way - you favourite band has a up coming gig, you have been to load of their gigs before, you love this band. But the gig is on a school night, but you get you tickets early because you are a fan, you love that band. After a few weeks the band notice that tickets are not selling to well so they drop the price by approx. 150%, do you feel slightly shafted by the band you have so loyally supported over the years? Whilst others who only know the bands hits when you know all the album tracks, b sides and demos get to sit next to you having paid 150% less for their ticket.

Yes I want the stadium to be full, but City should have had the game as a fiver from the start, then it probably would have sold out.

Well said! Thats what im angry about, I've just finished uni and got a job so I don't have a great deal of money at the moment as im paying back various things so that £40 I could have saved would have gone a long way for me especially at this time of year.

Why they couldn't just make it £5 from the begining I don't know, they knew it wasn't going to be a popular game with it being on TV.

Don't want to appear to be a d!ck, but you obviously justified the cost as being more important than your other bills, so nothing has changed. You're still going to see the game at a price that you were happy to pay (and did). At EVERY city game there are 100's and may be 1000's of people who paid less than the 'list' price. Just as your tin of Quality Street will be cheaper after Christmas, but it doesn't stop people buying them for Christmas !<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:42 pm --<br /><br />
Uber Blue said:
Impeccable One said:
And you forgot about being compensated for the time you had to use making posts at Bluemoon, which could have been used for your job which pays 5 quid per hour ;)

Good point. Do you think I could sue the club for Repetitive Strain Injury?

If you keep replying to stupid posts made by people like me, I'm sure you would have a good claim, and what about mental stress for good measure ;D

just called them and they said NO REFUNDS. i love city to death but i feel shit on. i struggled to pay for that game it might be only £25 to some people but and this time of year and my car insurance tripling i just scraped it.

they told me to email a complaint if i wanted to but didnt even give me an email address. anyone have it ? lol

Just want to clarify things that emerged from my first post on page 15, for my own benefit because no one else will give a s**t

I was posting on my phone and then was in a meeting all afternnon so couldnt really tell the whole story.
Sof or the benefit of SWP's Back, Superbia and nunogo, who all had a go at me on here,and none of whom had the decency to acknowledge my post about why I only bought a ticket on Wednesday.

I had been reading this thread yesterday and people were almost taking it for granted that City would refund the difference on the revised ticket price. I had to go down to City anyway this morning so I thought I would enquire what the situation was. when I was told no refunds, I posted straight away on here to let people know what was going on.
After I posted I spoke with the manager, who was fantastic and explained that the terms and conditions on the tickets don't allow for a refund in the week of a game.

She offered to help as I had another ticket query, because before the need to fly my lad home for the funeral, he was coming home at Christmas and would want tickets for the Villa and Blackpool games along with Newcastle away.
She was really helpful and sorted things out

At no stage in my OP did I complain about the price I had paid for the ticket, infact City have a free access to my wallet over the years going home and away season after season.

What I don't expect is posters jumping down my throat when they are not in possession of the full facts.Another example of what has been happening on this forum this past 12 months or so.

There got it off my chest, don't expect anyone else will care but I needed to post this as I have been fuming all afternoon.

Why they couldn't just make it £5 from the begining I don't know

Because, even if it was a sell-out, City would lose money by charging everyone a fiver. It costs money staging a game.

We are spoilt.

(By the way, it was me who used the go support United comment, and it wasn't meant like that. It was a simple comparison of ticket prices and City are a million miles ahead of the rest of the country when it comes to 'value for money'.)

bluwes said:
Just want to clarify things that emerged from my first post on page 15, for my own benefit because no one else will give a s**t

I was posting on my phone and then was in a meeting all afternnon so couldnt really tell the whole story.
Sof or the benefit of SWP's Back, Superbia and nunogo, who all had a go at me on here,and none of whom had the decency to acknowledge my post about why I only bought a ticket on Wednesday.

I had been reading this thread yesterday and people were almost taking it for granted that City would refund the difference on the revised ticket price. I had to go down to City anyway this morning so I thought I would enquire what the situation was. when I was told no refunds, I posted straight away on here to let people know what was going on.
After I posted I spoke with the manager, who was fantastic and explained that the terms and conditions on the tickets don't allow for a refund in the week of a game.

She offered to help as I had another ticket query, because before the need to fly my lad home for the funeral, he was coming home at Christmas and would want tickets for the Villa and Blackpool games along with Newcastle away.
She was really helpful and sorted things out

At no stage in my OP did I complain about the price I had paid for the ticket, infact City have a free access to my wallet over the years going home and away season after season.

What I don't expect is posters jumping down my throat when they are not in possession of the full facts.Another example of what has been happening on this forum this past 12 months or so.

There got it off my chest, don't expect anyone else will care but I needed to post this as I have been fuming all afternoon.

I don't know why you include me in that. I have no interest in anyones reasons for buying a ticket whenever. I also have no interest in the amount they pay for it, be it less or more than I did mine. I have one interest and one interest only, supporting my club and we tend to do better with a full house, which goes to make the game a more pleasurable experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.