Salzburg £5

Superbia said:
howfen blue said:
Good on the club for trying to do something positive in getting people through the gate what use is an empty seat at the end of the day,but anybody who thinks that it's ok that someone can pay £20 more than somebody who buys one the day after is living on a different planet!!

It seems to be coming a regular occurrence after the farce with the Poznan tickets which the club did well in rectifying but only after dropping the clanger at the start!! Why the tickets weren't cheaper in the 1st place I don't know because our gates in Europe are poor!!

As has been pointed out it is only similar to buying an item in a shop and then seeing it reduced. In terms of why the tickets were not cheaper in the first place City had perhaps misplaced faith in fans buying tickets at a reasonable but not overly discounted price - the club is not a charity so initially will try and make something from ticket sales.

It is similar to that but in a much more extreme way! For example I purchased the home shirt the other day with 20% off £45 which cost me about £36, had I purchased the shirt a few days before for £45 yes I would have been slightly annoyed but its not too bad.

This however was me purchasing 2 tickets for £50 in the morning and then in the evening finding an 80% reduction had been applied for everyone else!

howfen blue said:
Good on the club for trying to do something positive in getting people through the gate what use is an empty seat at the end of the day,but anybody who thinks that it's ok that someone can pay £20 more than somebody who buys one the day after is living on a different planet!!

It seems to be coming a regular occurrence after the farce with the Poznan tickets which the club did well in rectifying but only after dropping the clanger at the start!! Why the tickets weren't cheaper in the 1st place I don't know because our gates in Europe are poor!!

So you never bought anything from Currys/DFS/Carpet World/BMW and then seen the next day/week that prices have been slashed, sometimes with thousands knocked off?

I suggest you don't buy anything before x-mas as you will have a fit come Jan 1.

It's fine if that's what the club want to do but maybe a few fans might wait for the sales next time before buying 3 for 2 deals or single tickets. It works both ways....

On this showing, the fewer people that buy up front tickets, the lower the price is likely to get!

Bojinov The Bull said:
Superbia said:
As has been pointed out it is only similar to buying an item in a shop and then seeing it reduced. In terms of why the tickets were not cheaper in the first place City had perhaps misplaced faith in fans buying tickets at a reasonable but not overly discounted price - the club is not a charity so initially will try and make something from ticket sales.

It is similar to that but in a much more extreme way! For example I purchased the home shirt the other day with 20% off £45 which cost me about £36, had I purchased the shirt a few days before for £45 yes I would have been slightly annoyed but its not too bad.

This however was me purchasing 2 tickets for £50 in the morning and then in the evening finding an 80% reduction had been applied for everyone else!

Yes but it is £20 difference, no point fannying around with percentages. You can do to DFS one day and find out you would have saved a couple of grand the following day. It is the same with kitchens, cars - thousands, not 2 notes.

The only important thing to rationise is if you were happy with the price in the first place. If you were, then you have lost nothing, it is just somebody else has gained something.

Why are people so shallow nowadays?

Bojinov The Bull said:
Superbia said:

But at the time were you happy to pay that amount? I'm not denying it is annoying and frustrating but the club have obviously decided the sales are so low something had to be done and it must have been difficult for them to get the timing right - do it too late and risk it being pointless, too early risks losing additional revenue from those who were okay at the time to pay more, harsh maybe but from a business point of view understandable.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
It's fine if that's what the club want to do but maybe a few fans might wait for the sales next time before buying 3 for 2 deals or single tickets. It works both ways....

On this showing, the fewer people that buy up front tickets, the lower the price is likely to get!

Only shallow fans. I bought a 3 for 2 ticket as I wanted to go to all 3 games and support my club, that was a given so I was grateful to not be paying 20-30 quid for each individual game, how could I not be happy with that?

If fans don't want to watch, they don't have to.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

Or, they might think sod trying to fill the seats and charge a lot more for those that will go :-(

I'm with the club on this. Get as many in as possible. I paid £50 for the 3 games and thought at the time it was good value and still do. Works out at what £16.66 per game which is an absolute bargain. Witnessing those amazing Poznan fans was probably woth £50 on it's own!

Superbia said:
Or, they might think sod trying to fill the seats and charge a lot more for those that will go :-(

We get champions league and the prices will be 30-40 quid a game. Wonder if we will still have thousands of empty seats if playing average sides like say fc twente?

SWP's back said:
howfen blue said:

So you never bought anything from Currys/DFS/Carpet World/BMW and then seen the next day/week that prices have been slashed, sometimes with thousands knocked off?

I suggest you don't buy anything before x-mas as you will have a fit come Jan 1.
I know what you're saying you've been patronising everyone with the same line for god knows how long but it's bollocks,firstly it doesn't affect me I got the 3 for 2 but the normal reason you get things cheaper is its becoming old stock because a new line is coming out clothes being the obvious example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.