Salzburg £5

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Superbia said:
Or, they might think sod trying to fill the seats and charge a lot more for those that will go :-(

We get champions league and the prices will be 30-40 quid a game. Wonder if we will still have thousands of empty seats if playing average sides like say fc twente?

I actually dread getting champs league as I fear we shall still get the 30-35k hardcore going and it will look toss.

I just do not think we have a fan base that can afford 40 per ticket for cup games.

There should be a cut price "cup season ticket" for £120 notes that guarantees all home cup matches if we get CL. It would cover the 3 home games in the CL and a couple of cup runs - how brilliant would that be?

SWP's back said:
We get champions league and the prices will be 30-40 quid a game. Wonder if we will still have thousands of empty seats if playing average sides like say fc twente?

I actually dread getting champs league as I fear we shall still get the 30-35k hardcore going and it will look toss.

I just do not think we have a fan base that can afford 40 per ticket for cup games.

There should be a cut price "cup season ticket" for £120 notes that guarantees all home cup matches if we get CL. It would cover the 3 home games in the CL and a couple of cup runs - how brilliant would that be?

It's funny the things we worry about isn't it? I also don't think we will get anywhere near sell outs for the Champions League however as we would almost certainly play our best side I think we would get around 40000 subject to realistic ticket prices. ( And of course qualifying! )

SWP's back said:

I agree with every word of that we simply don't have the casual support to fill the ground at those prices.If for instance we were in the champs lge playing Salzburg on Wednesday and we had Stoke tomorrow both £35 I know which game I'd rather watch!!

SWP's back said:

i will bet you that if we get champions league we wont have an empty seat anywhere in the ground imho!

leewill31 said:
SWP's back said:

i will bet you that if we get champions league we wont have an empty seat anywhere in the ground imho!
I'd be over the moon if you are right

Think its a great idea by the club..Got my ticket yesterday at a fiver ,not because I didnt want to go I was just being lazy and had not got my arse in gear and got round to phoning up for it,I was always gonna go..

Ive already bought Poznan home and away for full price and couldnt attend the juve home game due to work but think its a great way of filling the ground and dont forget we need to beat Salzburg,so a fuller ground is better than a half empty one in terms of generating a positive atmosphere.

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold to date? As most of my mates seem to be going and everyone Ive spoke to today seems to be picking up on this deal.

Since it came out on the OS ref the £5 and £1 tickets I counted seats in 3 sections in the South Stand just to see what interest there might be at the prices they have set. Since around 3pm over 300 seats have gone in the 3 sections I looked at. I don't think we would have moved that amount otherwise. As far as I am concerned that is 300 more seats filled. Hopefully its been the same takeup around other areas. This move can easily add another 5k plus to the gate.

football is a business all business's charge different prices for the same product depending on when a product is purchased, really cant see why people are complaining the club are just trying to fill the ground , just be greatful you could afford the tickets in the first place, plenty of people cant afford £5(am not one of them ) but good on the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.