Sami Nasri

Well, I think most of the people here haven't seen Nasri's games with Arsenal or France National Team, except through youtube compilations. No wonder he is so overrated around here.

First of all, let me be clear to you. Nasri can't play as a CAM, even if his life depended on it. Yea, I know, he always says he would rather play there, but that's just an excuse for his irregularity. Each time he has played there, and he has a lot, especially with France and in his beginning at Arsenal, he was really bad. He doesn't have much passing skill and, as far as dribbles are concerned, he just takes at least 10 touches before beginning his dribble. You just can't do that as a CAM, no way he can be near David Silva.

Wenger is a really good coach about recognizing players skills, and he knew perfectly well that Nasri can't play as a CAM. As a proof, he only has 3 assists at Arsenal, and even his City ones are not through balls.

Now, let's head towards his game as a winger. You must know that he has been really bad there for most of his Arsenal journey. Even last season, he has been sh*t in 2011. And before that, he was also sh*t. Only the 6 first months of last season were good, but so were chamakh's one, it doesn't prove anything.

He also has had many behaviour issues and he looks to me as the most bad behaved player of our team, after maybe Balotelli. Even more than Tevez, and that's to say something.

I have always had this opinion about him, even before he signed at City. And objective Arsenal fans also had that one. Now, most of them do, thinking that Fabregas was the only main loss of theirs, while Nasri has been replaced.

Really, there is no way that player could have cost 20m£ with one year contract remaining, that's his actual price with a long contract.

r.soleofsalford said:
DTKOAG said:
The one disapointment of the season for me so far.
His body language and any Influence on the game yesterday was non existent.
If any rag/other club supporter mentions about players signing for us just for the money then at present he fits the bill for me.
I know its quite early days and settling in etc but was expecting a lot more.

pick anyone from below.

new team.
different style of play.
been asked to play in a different role.
been injured.
yesterday was a difficult game.

I think Nasri can do better if he play in the middle.

As a winger, he is AVERAGE.
As a CM, he is EXCELLENT.

LoveCity said:
Better than Milner was in his opening months.

When will some fans learn...?

Milner, Lescott, De Jong, Balotelli, Dzeko, Yaya, even Silva to some extent.

All were average in their opening months if not longer than that. All needed time to settle. And like Milner at first he is being played in a position that doesn't suit him too well. If Nasri is given a role like Silva when Silva is rested, I bet he is much better.

to answer your question re:- when will some fans learn.

some never will and some when the balls drop and their voice changes

I don't know, he seems to be missing something in his play. I think it's because our system doesn't fit him which would mean he is just a luxury buy. When a watch a video of him of youtube ( though it is deceiving) he seems to be a different player. Even against Liverpool ( With Arsenal) he had a great and seemed a threat but this season for us he hasn't seemed the player I once saw that could get 15-20 goals a season. Give him time though, Just ;ike Jimmy

HalaSilva said:
Well, I think most of the people here haven't seen Nasri's games with Arsenal or France National Team, except through youtube compilations. No wonder he is so overrated around here.

First of all, let me be clear to you. Nasri can't play as a CAM, even if his life depended on it. Yea, I know, he always says he would rather play there, but that's just an excuse for his irregularity. Each time he has played there, and he has a lot, especially with France and in his beginning at Arsenal, he was really bad. He doesn't have much passing skill and, as far as dribbles are concerned, he just takes at least 10 touches before beginning his dribble. You just can't do that as a CAM, no way he can be near David Silva.

Wenger is a really good coach about recognizing players skills, and he knew perfectly well that Nasri can't play as a CAM. As a proof, he only has 3 assists at Arsenal, and even his City ones are not through balls.

Now, let's head towards his game as a winger. You must know that he has been really bad there for most of his Arsenal journey. Even last season, he has been sh*t in 2011. And before that, he was also sh*t. Only the 6 first months of last season were good, but so were chamakh's one, it doesn't prove anything.

He also has had many behaviour issues and he looks to me as the most bad behaved player of our team, after maybe Balotelli. Even more than Tevez, and that's to say something.

I have always had this opinion about him, even before he signed at City. And objective Arsenal fans also had that one. Now, most of them do, thinking that Fabregas was the only main loss of theirs, while Nasri has been replaced.

Really, there is no way that player could have cost 20m£ with one year contract remaining, that's his actual price with a long contract.
Every Arsenal fans believe gervinho adds more to their team. its very easy to call them bitter. But the truth is i have followed nasris career very close and France is the national team i follow. And people will realise soon enough that nasri is not as good as people make him out to be. Alot of players have left arsenal and failed. Wenger has a way to make players seem better than they are due to the system Arsenal plays. Flamini and hleb are two perfect examples.

For Arsenal his performance yesterday was standard first 2 seasons, hence why he missed out on the French squad. I remember then him starting the season with purpose as he wanted to prove something. From September to january he was great. then from january to May he had 1 goal and 1 assist.

I heard people use all kind of excuses like he's new to the team, new formation(4-2-3-1) which is the same arsenal use. And how his stats over there are so poor because he was playing with much lower standard of players(which is the biggest bull)

Sometimes fans know their players better than anyone else. arsenal fans warned about Adebayor being lazy and mercenary, people called them bitter. They warned about Nasri being overrated, and once again called bitter.

Adam johnson is the perfect example. For any neutral he's a great player, but City fans know how much he disappears during games, other fans who only watch highlights dont

Calcio said:
HalaSilva said:

You also forgot Clichy, whom Arsenal fans were laughing at us for buying. Now seems like a different player and one of the best fullbacks in the league. Clichy has yet to reach his peak ( 27-29) and is great going foward without leaving us short at the back. Quick,Agile and for sure one of our best buys during Sheikh Mansour era

Every Arsenal fans believe gervinho adds more to their team. its very easy to call them bitter. But the truth is i have followed nasris career very close and France is the national team i follow. And people will realise soon enough that nasri is not as good as people make him out to be. Alot of players have left arsenal and failed. Wenger has a way to make players seem better than they are due to the system Arsenal plays. Flamini and hleb are two perfect examples.

For Arsenal his performance yesterday was standard first 2 seasons, hence why he missed out on the French squad. I remember then him starting the season with purpose as he wanted to prove something. From September to january he was great. then from january to May he had 1 goal and 1 assist.

I heard people use all kind of excuses like he's new to the team, new formation(4-2-3-1) which is the same arsenal use. And how his stats over there are so poor because he was playing with much lower standard of players(which is the biggest bull)

Sometimes fans know their players better than anyone else. arsenal fans warned about Adebayor being lazy and mercenary, people called them bitter. They warned about Nasri being overrated, and once again called bitter.

Adam johnson is the perfect example. For any neutral he's a great player, but City fans know how much he disappears during games, other fans who only watch highlights dont

itisrising said:
Calcio said:
HalaSilva said:

You also forgot Clichy, whom Arsenal fans were laughing at us for buying. Now seems like a different player and one of the best fullbacks in the league. Clichy has yet to reach his peak ( 27-29) and is great going foward without leaving us short at the back. Quick,Agile and for sure one of our best buys during Sheikh Mansour era

45 years of gloryhunting said:
dont know what nasri brings to the team , he is neat and tidy on the ball , but creates nothing , just like arsenal then.
13 assists in 3 seasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.