Samir Nasri or David Silva

both are lovely players to watch. They are probably both equal because even though Nasris has had a slightly more influential season than Silva he has been in the PL a lot longer.

I think Silva could benefit a bit more from Nasri's ability to beat 2/3 defenders in a tight space. I wish David could have taken on more players against Villa which might have opened things up for us but themn again I suspect Silva is a slightly better passer than Nasri.

Either way, both in your team would be a real bonus1

Silva could score plenty, he has many opportunities to shoot but is like the anti-Tevez, always unselfish and looking for another man to pass to.

BlueSinceBirth said:
9 Goals in 20 league apps - Nasri, age 23 - French

1 Goal in 20 League apps - Silva, age 25 - Spanish

Interesting question asked to me by an Arsenal fan at work. Although i think Nasri is a fantastic player and is getting better every game, i just think David Silva is ridiculously intelligent and on the pitch, he would know where Nasri is going to run and pass before Nasri himself knows.

Very close, but i say Silva - for intelligence and passing - conducting the game.

Samir Nasri is currently the best player in the Prem. But in his first season, in fact first few seasons in the Prem, he wasn't all that great. But after a few years of settling in, gaining in confidence, gelling with his team, establishing himself he has become number one.

Let's compare the two in Silva's third season here. Just like Silva needs a bit of time to do what Nasri has done, City also need the same amount of time to become a proper team. At Arsenal some of them lads have played together for a good five years. Most of our team are between 18-6months here and that's all.

Silva has to score more goals and hurt the opposition more. He needs to be more aggressive in his passing and look to get beyond the strikers more.
He could be one of our all time greats, and I really hope he does. But he isn't there yet.
Nasri's far greater experience of the Premier League is a valid defence to any comparisons though

Arsenal fans were starting to get tired of Nasri after two mediocre seasons.

He's only just become good, so it's hard to judge so far. Will he continue this form or go back to hiding in his shell again?

He used to get criticized for his link up play with Clichy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.