Samir Nasri

Re: Nasri

southstander93 said:
Where did football go wrong?

it decided to hold scum like gbh keane up as heroes on the broadcasting monopoly/ near-monopoloy that funds and controls our game

and make it a non-contact sport

somewhere in-between is where we need to be

robbieh said:
I should clarify that Sami didn´t merit a red card.

But what pissed me off is that he went from rolling on the ground, perfectly acceptable given the challenge, to right in Bassong´s face in a split second.

It was stupid. That´s my problem with him. It was all a bit like he wanted to play the tough guy which we know he isn´t.

Do you know him personally or his background?

I think he showed again today that we are better attacking with him in the team than without him.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Just to add fuel to the fire

OptaCity ‏@OptaCity

3 - Referee Mike Jones has now sent off 3 #MCFC players in just the 8 Premier League games that he has officiated the Blues in. Prone.

Can someone tell me the other 2 red cards he dished out? Would be interesting to find out whether they were justified or bullshit ones like Nasri suffered today.

ForzaMancini said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

OptaCity ‏@OptaCity

3 - Referee Mike Jones has now sent off 3 #MCFC players in just the 8 Premier League games that he has officiated the Blues in. Prone.

Can someone tell me the other 2 red cards he dished out? Would be interesting to find out whether they were justified or bullshit ones like Nasri suffered today.
Did he send off VK against Wolves last season at the Etihad? IIRC, it was a rebound off Joe that Doyle was going to tap in and Vinnie brought him down. That one was deserved. Can't recall the other one.

jimharri said:
ForzaMancini said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

Did he send off VK against Wolves last season at the Etihad? IIRC, it was a rebound off Joe that Doyle was going to tap in and Vinnie brought him down. That one was deserved. Can't recall the other one.

Yeah you're right and a quick google has revealed he was the one who sent off Zaba at the Emirates, again for an apparent 'headbutt'.

Mancini ......

Blues’ manager Roberto Mancini admitted Nasri deserved to go for his rush of blood, but Bassong should also have been dismissed in the skirmish minutes before the interval.

“Both players came forward with their heads, so if you are going to send off one, then you have to send off both, not only Samir,” said the Italian, who is already facing a Football Association probe for post-match comments towards referee Kevin Friend following the Boxing Day defeat at Sunderland. “Samir said he touched his head, okay, but the other player has done the same. The linesman has a big responsibility also, because it was not a good decision, it is incredible. You want to send off both players? Then, okay, the referee was there, he saw everything. The linesman was behind (the players), he could not see.

“WE WILL APPEAL , sure. I am disappointed with Samir, and he will pay his fine, but the decision was not correct. Samir did a mistake, okay, but after why when the other player did the same thing, does he send off only one? There are two rules for different teams, and I hate this in football and cannot accept this.

black mamba said:
Mancini ......

Blues’ counterpart Roberto Mancini admitted Nasri deserved to go for his rush of blood, but Bassong should also have been dismissed in the skirmish minutes before the interval.

John Ruddy: City star's Christmas
family photos in this month's
Norfolk Magazine.
“Both players came forward with their heads, so if you are going to send off one, then you have to send off both, not only Samir,” said the Italian, who is already facing a Football Association probe for post-match comments towards referee Kevin Friend following the Boxing Day defeat at Sunderland. “Samir said he touched his head, okay, but the other player has done the same. The linesman has a big responsibility also, because it was not a good decision, it is incredible. You want to send off both players? Then, okay, the referee was there, he saw everything. The linesman was behind (the players), he could not see.

“We will appeal, sure. I am disappointed with Samir, and he will pay his fine, but the decision was not correct. Samir did a mistake, okay, but after why when the other player did the same thing, does he send off only one? There are two rules for different teams, and I hate this in football and cannot accept this.

If he is going to appeal the red surely it would help if he himself made it clear he didn't feel it deserved a red?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.