Samir Nasri

Re: Nasri

bluemonkey71 said:
Did Bassong get a yellow for the challenge or the afters?

That tackle looks like a red to me

Nasri got a straight red which never was, So surely Bassong should get booked for two incidents, The tackle on Nasri and secondly squaring up?

Reminds me of Zabaleta against Arsenal last season he was sent off for nothing, Well for Sagna giving him a headbutt!

blueinsa said:
I would never have played him again for his cowardice against the rags but come on, today's red was a complete fucking joke.

The ref today was a complete fucking joke!

So you would let a player like Nasri never play for City again because of one mistake? That's just odd.

Anyway, I like Nasri and the sending off was a complete joke. Van Persie retaliated in a much more intimidating manner when he nearly got killed.

Funny how we started really well with Samir in the team at Newcastle and today at Norwich...

Give him a break.If he deserved the red then so be it. I will reserve judgement until later. A huge 3 pts is all that matters..

Arsenal away will be the make or break game for me

Didn't see the game as I'm visiting the other half in the London, but just seen the tackle, and it must be appealed against. Bassong did just as much and walked away with nothing but one layer of skin shaved off from above his eyebrows. Sorry to bring it up, but it would be disgusting to think that a small little head to head between two players that resulted in no physical injury, would be given the same punishment as a career ending tackle by Roy Keane that had been pre meditated for about four years. I know it was a long time ago and not relevant, but if you put it into perspective, its a ridiculous decision.

Where did football go wrong?

bluemonkey71 said:
Did Bassong get a yellow for the challenge or the afters?

That tackle looks like a red to me

The yellow card that Bassong got HAD to have been for the tackle , or the ref would have had a lot of explaining to do ......

he wasn't gonna send Nasri off until the Linesman stuck his nose in !

The team has more penetration when Nasri is in the side. We need to appeal the red for sure. 3 games without him could/will really damage our season.

southstander93 said:
Didn't see the game as I'm visiting the other half in the London, but just seen the tackle, and it must be appealed against. Bassong did just as much and walked away with nothing but one layer of skin shaved off from above his eyebrows. Sorry to bring it up, but it would be disgusting to think that a small little head to head between two players that resulted in no physical injury, would be given the same punishment as a career ending tackle by Roy Keane that had been pre meditated for about four years. I know it was a long time ago and not relevant, but if you put it into perspective, its a ridiculous decision.

Where did football go wrong?

Poor grading on punishments.

No proper review system that would downgrade Nasri's decision on review without the need for us to appeal to a yellow or nothing.

Really although we had problems of consistency in the AFL review process you really should take a look at what we do here and take the best bits of it and implement it into the Premier league.

Don't want to sound trite or biased as I am a dinkum Aussie but we really have it over the Premier League in the way the game is administered.

It's little wonder at long last the FA dinasours finally invited the CEO and the Chief Operating Officer from the AFL to the Olympics to discuss ways of improving the draconian and out of date system you currently have.

We never stop laughing about it over here and it has nothing to do with me being a mad keen passionate City Supporter.

I should clarify that Sami didn´t merit a red card.

But what pissed me off is that he went from rolling on the ground, perfectly acceptable given the challenge, to right in Bassong´s face in a split second.

It was stupid. That´s my problem with him. It was all a bit like he wanted to play the tough guy which we know he isn´t.

I thought he was having a great game today until the sending off. It was a ridiculous decision to give him a red card. As has been said already Van Rapists' reaction last week was much worse but he strangely didn't get sent off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.