Samir Nasri

Yeah, realistically his salary will be hard to move. Thankfully two clubs in France are ridiculously rich.

It will be a big achievement just to get his burdensome salary off the books.

sjk2008 said:
When the inevitable happens in the summer and Mourinho exits Real Madrid, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see the Wenger to Madrid links resurgace again whereas I would be surprised to see a Mancini to Madrid link.

Football fans are fickle, none more so than the Arsenal lot. If Wenger grabs 4th again this season, which is absolutely essential with regards to getting the top-level players they ultimately need should Arsenal finally have a "warchest" of some kind to spend, then all those Piers Morgan-like Arsenal fans who have been chanting "Wenger Out!" will be backing him again for next season.

For a team that has had to sell Fabregas, Nasri, Song, RVP and others in order to fill Kroenke's pocket, whilst only being able to bring in the likes of Arteta and Mertersacker and yet they continually qualify for the CL, although may come unstuck finally this season, is quite impressive.

There seems to be a misconception that Wenger has tens of millions of £££ to spend every summer and he just plain refuses to. That's bollocks I'm afraid. If it wasn't, then what club would continue to employ a manager on the highest salary in the league, who refuses to spend the money he has, whilst failing to win a single trophy in 8 years? The fact is, the board know the situation Wenger is in and believe he is performing admirably given the resources at hand. Rumour has it that those resources may finally improve considerably in the summer.

I disagree. Wenger had money to spend and chose not to. His own words. The board is thrilled he chose not to cause that's money in their pockets. Wenger is letting his ideals get in the way of running the club. He wants things to be like the old days. Where you buy a young talented player, develope him and reap the rewards. Those days are gone. Players aren't going to stay just because it's Arsenal. There are other clubs that players can go to to these days. It used to be you had to be with Arsenal, United or Liverpool to get noticed. Worldwids tv and internet has changed all that. I don't think he can handle the modern elite footballer. That's why he buys yound and lets them leave when they get in a position of power. He could never handle a player like Ibra etc.. who can dictate how he's to be played.

So after the media made all the fuss about Mancini and Samir's statements after last weekend's game, the "breaking news" headline that popped up on my phone today was NASRI BANNED. I was shitting myself while I clicked on the link only to see what the latest club in crisis news was only to find it was a driving ban for speeding tickets. I wish they wouldn't play with my emotions like that.

Fair play to Samir, he worked hard, his movement was good and got an assist. Well played.

I thought he did well tonight,carried on the good work he did against Newcastle.

Maybe the penny has dropped?

FantasyIreland said:
I thought he did well tonight,carried on the good work he did against Newcastle.

Maybe the penny has dropped?
Time will tell, but as far as tonight I thought he was decent. Wasen´t to sure about him starting but he did ok.

Thought he played well but it wasn't an astonishing or mind-blowing performance or anything, just a good performance.

Interested to see how he plays against teams like Wigan, West Brom, and Norwich in the remainder of the season. Some consistency could save his City career ahead of summer changes to the squad.

LoveCity said:
Thought he played well but it wasn't an astonishing or mind-blowing performance or anything, just a good performance.

Interested to see how he plays against teams like Wigan, West Brom, and Norwich in the remainder of the season. Some consistency could save his City career ahead of summer changes to the squad.

My thoughts exactly

He had a decent game, lets hope he can ad another level to his game against Chelsea, we know he has it in him and we may need it if Merlin is out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.