Samir Nasri

Rammy Blue said:
Some people are obviously easily pleased.

Thought he was distinctly average. I know it's not his fault that he's played out wide but he just goes backwards far too many times for my liking.

I also think he's overweight and maybe the excess timber stops him having the burst that's required.

He was better than usual today but certainly nothing special.

His position in the squad needs to be filled by someone who can offer something better and more consistently than he does. Will be coming to the end of his second season soon and anyone who thinks he's been worth the money in that time is easily pleased indeed. Silva has been poor (by his standards) this season, and Nasri still hasn't managed to stand out. Its ended up being Milner who's bought more to the table.

Nice to see him have a decent performance but if all goes according to script he'll return to anonymity soon and therein lies the problem. I watched Bayern Munich before and we are so far off being a complete unit like that and what will bring us closer is 11 players working their arse off in a fully functioning team. NO passengers, NO luxury players.

Rammy Blue said:

Thought he was distinctly average. I know it's not his fault that he's played out wide but he just goes backwards far too many times for my liking.

I also think he's overweight and maybe the excess timber stops him having the burst that's required.

He was our best player in the first half.

Nasri's best position is in a 3 man central midfield, he doesn't lose the ball. The problem is with our forwards we need to play 2 up front.

LoveCity said:
Nice to see him have a decent performance but if all goes according to script he'll return to anonymity soon and therein lies the problem. I watched Bayern Munich before and we are so far off being a complete unit like that and what will bring us closer is 11 players working their arse off in a fully functioning team. NO passengers, NO luxury players.

That's it. You watch Bayern or another top team, it's very different to watching us at the moment and shows how far we have to go. We're still finding our feet a bit though, and as fast as we've progressed you still can't build a top team relatively overnight. As long as we learn from our mistakes and Nasri is exactly that. Wrong player, accept it and move on. Sentimentality combined with a stubborness to peservere with players who aren't good enough is exactly what's reduced Arsenal from invincibles to potless and nearly out of the CL.

adrianr said:
LoveCity said:

That's it. You watch Bayern or another top team, it's very different to watching us at the moment and shows how far we have to go. We're still finding our feet a bit though, and as fast as we've progressed you still can't build a top team relatively overnight. As long as we learn from our mistakes and Nasri is exactly that. Wrong player, accept it and move on. Sentimentality combined with a stubborness to peservere with players who aren't good enough is exactly what's reduced Arsenal from invincibles to potless and nearly out of the CL.
No that would be because they sell their best players as they stupidly believe players are simply and easily replaced.

Pablo1 said:
DannyBoy2890 said:
Rammy Blue said:

Pretty much my thoughts too.
How he was given man of the match was beyond me
He gets pushed off the ball far too easy, and pussys out tackles all the time.
That was the reason he ended up doing down in the first half, by backing out of a 50/50

Lescott was my motm

Me and a few of the lads around me all commented on him backing out of tackles today - he did it on a few occasions. I appreciate that being a tough tackler isn't part of his game, and its down on the list of reasons why we signed him but still, as the injury he got showed, you're likely to do more harm being half hearted than you would if you you go 100%.
Other than that he had a decent game, did what he he does do best which is keep the ball in tight spots and played some neat football in the right areas. I wouldn't have said a MOM performance but a job well done.
Agree with most of the above, I thought he was better than normal, and that was about all. I don't think his weight is an issue, just his attitude. A great player in an easy game, but its like playing with 10 men when its hard work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.