Sanchez [Continued]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we had moved on from this one. He wants to play for Barcelona if he leaves, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that they will get fed up with Pozzo and move on to other alternatives, and Sanchez would stay at Udinese.

I watched a recording of the Mexico v Chile match last night and based on what I saw Sanchez isn't worth anywhere near £45m!! Out of the Chile side Hernandez & Vidal stood out slightly ahead of Isla & Sanchez. I was trying to watch the match with the mindset of not knowing any of the players on view even though is was difficult not to pay special attention to Sanchez because we are in for him, but to be honest I thought he was good, but no way as brilliant as everyone has been making out.

OK, it was only one match, but that's my assessment of him based on what I saw. Also, Isla was playing as the right winger, whilst Sanchez was playing a free role behind the main striker. Yes, I'd buy Sanchez, but from what I saw I would say he was worth £10-£15m - £20m at a stretch, but like I said, this is ONLY based on what I saw in one match. To say that he has the potential to become the world's best player seems to exaggerate his ability to effect a game somewhat. I would say he was similar type of player to Jack Wilshire, but he had less of an effect than Wilshire would have had against what was effectively a Mexico U21 side with SIX debutantes in the side!!

If he came to us he'd be competing with David Silva and Silva is way, way way ahead of him and only 2-3 years older. Based on what I saw of Sanchez, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get him. Hope this personal assessment helps to settle a few worried minds. :-)

Dribble said:
I watched a recording of the Mexico v Chile match last night and based on what I saw Sanchez isn't worth anywhere near £45m!! Out of the Chile side Hernandez & Vidal stood out slightly ahead of Isla & Sanchez. I was trying to watch the match with the mindset of not knowing any of the players on view even though is was difficult not to pay special attention to Sanchez because we are in for him, but to be honest I thought he was good, but no way as brilliant as everyone has been making out.

OK, it was only one match, but that's my assessment of him based on what I saw. Also, Isla was playing as the right winger, whilst Sanchez was playing a free role behind the main striker. Yes, I'd buy Sanchez, but from what I saw I would say he was worth £10-£15m - £20m at a stretch, but like I said, this is ONLY based on what I saw in one match. To say that he has the potential to become the world's best player seems to exaggerate his ability to effect a game somewhat. I would say he was similar type of player to Jack Wilshire, but he had less of an effect than Wilshire would have had against what was effectively a Mexico U21 side with SIX debutantes in the side!!

If he came to us he'd be competing with David Silva and Silva is way, way way ahead of him and only 2-3 years older. Based on what I saw of Sanchez, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get him. Hope this personal assessment helps to settle a few worried minds. :-)

i watched tevez last game with argentina , based on what i saw in that single one game i would say he is worth no more than 10M

Mancio said:
Dribble said:

i watched tevez last game with argentina , based on what i saw in that single one game i would say he is worth no more than 10M
This is a Sanchez thread? The Tevez one is a bit further down. :-) Have you anything to add to the Sanchez debate? If not, jog on & go find something more constructive to do with your time...

Think he was commenting on how good a player is or is not from just watching one match. He used Tevez as an example, but it could have been anyone. Suggest you engage brain before typing.

Dribble said:
Mancio said:
Dribble said:

This is a Sanchez thread? The Tevez one is a bit further down. :-) Have you anything to add to the Sanchez debate? If not, jog on & go find something more constructive to do with your time...

I think Mancio's point mate was not to judge Sanchez on one game. Tevez can often look ordinary in a game & world class the next. That's my take on what he meant anyway.

Manc.

Edit:- Beaten to it, bah :-(

Mancio said:
Dribble said:

I think it is fair to say that the poster qualified his post several times with "based on what I saw" and "in this one game", so why come in and make that cheap shot at him? He is entitled to his view, and I for one am more interested in someone's views on the latest performance of our major summer target than I am in some snotty comment from a snidey twit

BringBackSwales said:
Mancio said:
Dribble said:

I think it is fair to say that the poster qualified his post several times with "based on what I saw" and "in this one game", so why come in and make that cheap shot at him? He is entitled to his view, and I for one am more interested in someone's views on the latest performance of our major summer target than I am in some snotty comment from a snidey twit

He's making a perfectly valid point & doesn't deserve the abuse for it.

How much would Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard be worth combined based on most of their England performances over the last few years?

Paul Scholes in his England career?

Neville Kneville said:
BringBackSwales said:
Mancio said:

He's making a perfectly valid point & doesn't deserve the abuse for it.

How much would Rooney, Lampard or Gerrard be worth combined based on most of their England performances over the last few years?

Paul Scholes in his England career?

I wasn't abusing him, I was supporting him in being entitled to his view, and I commented that I was interested to hear how he played last night???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.