Santa Cruz = Professionalism

Marvin said:
Soulboy said:
When was the last time he played 90 minutes?

That is a far more relevant question...
Does being 3rd in line to Tevez and Adebayor make you a poor player?
If he gets a run in the team he will do OK, but as it is he has to wait months for an opportunity, and without the game time under his belt he just looks rusty. There's no point having a big squad unless the players all get games otherwise they are in no condition to play when called upon.

Ferguson is a master of this. Sometimes Utd fans question wny he rotates his squad, but he does so because he knows sooner or later one of his main players will get injured and he has to call on a squad player, and that squad player will be no use if he has no premiership games under his belt.

Balotelli?

CarlosTevezIsABlue said:
Marvin said:
If he gets a run in the team he will do OK, but as it is he has to wait months for an opportunity, and without the game time under his belt he just looks rusty. There's no point having a big squad unless the players all get games otherwise they are in no condition to play when called upon.

Ferguson is a master of this. Sometimes Utd fans question wny he rotates his squad, but he does so because he knows sooner or later one of his main players will get injured and he has to call on a squad player, and that squad player will be no use if he has no premiership games under his belt.

Balotelli?
I was referring to his lack of appearances. Last season he was 4th in line. 75% of contributors put this down to injury and label him a crock. The fact is he had an op at Blackburn and recovered from it, but then found himself 4th in line and rarely played. As you suggest, he will have another rival in Balotelli once he's fit

The only reson RSC is still with City is because nobody wanted to pay his wages, having sais that he is a City player and has done nothing wrong so he has my full support, all City players should get a clean slate from the supporters everytime we start a new season.

He might be a great professional & a great person in some peoples eyes, however I honestly fail to see how anyone can really rate him as a great player.

Marvin said:
Soulboy said:
When was the last time he played 90 minutes?

That is a far more relevant question...

Adebayor missed pretty much half of last season... Tevez missed about a quarter of the season. That's getting on for 30 games when he could have made a mark.

But he didn't. He was never fit enough. Or on the rare occasions he did play he looked as if he was running about with a turtle's head stuck halfway up his arse.

If he's fit now, then why is Jo in front of him? Is RSC that bad he can't even get in front of Jo now... I mean, that speaks volumes does it not?

Or Has Mancini got it wrong? Should RSC be the natural successor to Adebayor and Tevez... unfortunately, but like me, Mancini doesn't rate him.

I wish people on here would stop pretending that RSC is ever going to come good for us. He isn't. First chance we get to move him on, he'll be gone. And we'll be about £30m worse off on the deal.

Shed no tears for him, as his ludicrous Hughes-inspired wages will keep him and his missus going for a very long time.

All Managers have the same issue!! Hughes wanted Bellamy, Santa Cruz...players he knew...Mancini...Balotelli....Rafa wanted Mascherano and other Scouse no hopers, Mourinho wanting Drogba, Cole, Lampard...As for Arry don't get me started!! FFS move on...The comfort zone does not work!!...Bellamy worked out for us no doubt but attitude was always going to be a problem...Going back to what you knew is not the answer...RSC is a casing point under Hughes regime..A real manager does not have to support his credentials through yes men!!

rag said:
Stillsy said:
Bold statement

True but the Goat was one of the numerous players who Polarised fans opinions early in his career.

suppose but if you look at santa cruz he has only ever had one good goalscoring season and that was at blackburn.

you can always say that yeah if he stays fit he will score loads but the fact is he will never stay fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.