Santa Cruz = Professionalism

While I'm not blaming RSC personally, he didn't determine the fee and I'm sure he wishes he wasn't permanently unfit... the reality is that by the time we off-load him he'll have cost us a cool £30m plus.

And what have we got back in return? A handful of games, a couple of goals, and a promise to work hard in training to prove himself... brilliant.

That's the equivalent of letting everyone free into the stadium for a whole season.

Harsh but true.

No more than we can and should except, but since we have a few who just can't keep their mouth shut, fair play to him.

Of course he's being nice to us....

We paid a stupid amount of money for a known injury prone player
We reward him handsomely for being injured
We put him in the 25 (cos theres noone else)
And....

He's still here!! Why would he have a go at us??

He was not worth £1.8m based on his injury record and his playing record (one good season at a shithole like Blackburn does not elevate you into the highest stratasphere of world football).

Having said that he is not to blame, the muppet that brought hime here needs his f*cking bumps felt.

City wanted to sell him, he as a professional footballer wanted to go(not publically) because he believed he was going to get first team football at another club, when the move didn't go through he was put in the 25 which gives him the opportunity to play, so as a professional he's going to work hard and try and get his place in the side.

It's not his fault he's injury prone, and I happen to think if fit for a decent period of time he'd be ahead of Ade and Jo in the pecking order, but he's a nice option to have nonetheless.

and the wages, well we the fans aren't paying them so what's the problem? he was only on just over 50k a week to start with, compared to some other of our players it's not that bad.

He wants to stay, try hard and try and get in the team on merit. After the Robbie saga how can anyone have a go at him for it?

when was the last time he was injured? as far as I know he's been fit for months.

Marvin said:
when was the last time he was injured? as far as I know he's been fit for months.

And yet he still can't run and has the agility of my Nan

bluemoon32 said:
Marvin said:

And yet he still can't run and has the agility of my Nan
Yet another City player being rubbished by so called "supporters".

Marvin said:

When was the last time he played 90 minutes?

That is a far more relevant question...

Soulboy said:
Marvin said:

When was the last time he played 90 minutes?

That is a far more relevant question...
Does being 3rd in line to Tevez and Adebayor make you a poor player?

If he gets a run in the team he will do OK, but as it is he has to wait months for an opportunity, and without the game time under his belt he just looks rusty. There's no point having a big squad unless the players all get games otherwise they are in no condition to play when called upon.

Ferguson is a master of this. Sometimes Utd fans question wny he rotates his squad, but he does so because he knows sooner or later one of his main players will get injured and he has to call on a squad player, and that squad player will be no use if he has no premiership games under his belt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.