Sat down at Chelsea

There's no official rule that you have to stand up at away games.

If there are lots of kids around then I don't think everyone has to stand up and if people don't want to stand up they are completely within their rights to. If youve payed 50 quid for a ticket then why should you be made to stand up if you don't want to?

The atmosphere and the amount of corporates was a lot better than a few of the other away games that I've been to this year, Spurs and Arsenal were bad though there wasn't much to sing about in those games, but even so you can sing just as well sitting down and the atmosphere was good for the most part yesterday..

Maintainin said:
samharris said:
I saw a guy in the top tier left side half way up get thrown out due to having a pint with him...How did he manage that ??
...snuck it Sam ;-)

was like brinks matt there yesterday... must have snuck it down his kaks..:)

lot of good it did him..

felixbg said:
100%blue said:
What are people behind you that aren't able to stand up for two hours supposed to do?

read their programme, drink there soup & wonder why extra time is being played at a league match

That's an intelligent reply.

I was sat with my dad the second to back row.

We wanted to stand, the people behind us wanted to sit. We swapped seats. Easy as that.

Obviously not many people have this option at the game. I can see both sides, people want to stand up and sing. Others either want or have to sit down.

I will say there were an awful lot of fans there that I haven't seen before, and I go to nearly all away games. You have to wonder were some people get their tickets.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Are you for real. Get it into your head, there were Chelsea fans wearing Chelsea shirts in the City end. Of course our proper fans that went are gonna be pissed off.
I'm telling you - we sent 500 tickets of the 1500 tickets back.

That's why (a) it sold out so quickly and (b) there were Chelsea fans in the City end.
why did they send 500 back?

squirtyflower said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I'm telling you - we sent 500 tickets of the 1500 tickets back.

That's why (a) it sold out so quickly and (b) there were Chelsea fans in the City end.

Why would they do that. I can understand (though don't agree with it) why they didn't take the 2nd lot of 1500 but there is no sense in them sending 500 back of the first allocation.

They sold out the day before it got to my points and I got in touch with the ticket office straight away and asked to be kept on the waiting list in case of any returns or any unsold hospitality ones. I can't have been the only one to do that so no reason why they would send any back.

Fortunately I got there because two other blues had to drop out. There were definitely people there who I reckon could not have had the points. Someone posted in another thread that hospitality seat holders at City get asked how many they want for an away game and I reckon that must be true. There were quite a lot of young kids scattered around (not just that team in the tracksuits) who could not have more points than me or other adults who wanted to go. So they must have been associated to box holders or something else going on.

robsta said:
squirtyflower said:

Why would they do that. I can understand (though don't agree with it) why they didn't take the 2nd lot of 1500 but there is no sense in them sending 500 back of the first allocation.

They sold out the day before it got to my points and I got in touch with the ticket office straight away and asked to be kept on the waiting list in case of any returns or any unsold hospitality ones. I can't have been the only one to do that so no reason why they would send any back.

Fortunately I got there because two other blues had to drop out. There were definitely people there who I reckon could not have had the points. Someone posted in another thread that hospitality seat holders at City get asked how many they want for an away game and I reckon that must be true. There were quite a lot of young kids scattered around (not just that team in the tracksuits) who could not have more points than me or other adults who wanted to go. So they must have been associated to box holders or something else going on.
City allowed you to order a kids ticket, with an adult who has correct points. They do this for most games apart from the derby.

The kid in the chelsea shirt was stood right in front of me with, I presume, his dad and brother (both city).

There was also another guy a few seats down from him who said until this season he didn't realise how far away Manchester was.

Don't know how they manged to get tickets.

Why did city take so few tickets if they were going to give them to corporates and the kids and parents that took up the front 3 rows

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.