Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

BillyShears said:
doomuk said:
BillyShears said:
I like Suarez and I don't think he's a racist (although obviously I don't know him). I think Patrice Evra is a **** of the highest order and I think that had this exchange taken place between a rag and a Stoke player we'd have heard nothing more about it.

Not read the LFC statement - but honestly - I'd expect them to back their best player to the hilt. City would do the same in under the circumstances.

Hold on mate,

Racism aside for a second, what is there to like about the guy??
he's a known cheat (World Cup) who instead of learning from it has come to our shores and dives - and were not just talking exaggerates a foul - literally dives and CONSTANTLY tries to get fellow professionals sent off.

he is a horrible little man with no morals whatsoever and if enough players like him come over here and do what he does they will ruin the Premiership.
Couple that with the fact that he is now proven to have used raciest language to a fellow pro and alleged "mate" and suddenly you have the type of player that I would like to see thrown from our league and our country.

If your saying you like him as a player - diving, & cheating aside he is one hell of a skillful player but 'Like him'? No chance. At least, not for me.

He's no more a cheat that Balo. He's no more a "horrible little man" than any other player who does what they can for their team to come out on top. He's a pantomime comedy villain for the ironically enough, xenophobic British media.

The number of people saying he should be thrown out of our league proves my point. Ben Thatcher should've been thrown out of football full stop for his elbow on Mendes. Keane for his various assaults on fellow professionals. The number of Stoke players who regularly assault fellow professionals yet they're seen as a classic British football team. How long was Robbie Fowler's ban for his homophobic abuse of Graeme Le Saux?

Nah, Suarez is a top player who's unfortunately been caught up in classic British witch hunt. Nevermind kicking him out, in his shoes, I'd be considering fucking off due to the disgusting levels of hypocrisy in the British game...

Nobody has done what he did in the world cup before.
Nobody that i aware of has ever bit someone before.
And very few players dive like he does.

Hes like Rivaldo when the ball hit his leg and he went down holding his face. That kind of diving, like Suarez does, brings a whole new meaning to the word 'dive'.
Its not that hes a diver, he is a blatant cheat and if he could get someone banned for 8 matches he would be asking 'where do I sign', so, bahumbug!

He deserves everything he gets and a whole lot more.

How you can watch him try so hard to get City players sent off like he does and then say 'hes a decent guy' is puzzling.

Mario, from my experience, does not try to get people sent off. He might go down a but easy to win a fowl or a pen but its completely different to what Suarez does.

Rammy Blue said:
Not one to nitpick mate however slight hypocrisy in that you say you "like Suarez" yet "think Evra is a **** of the highest order" yet don't know either person - is that not rather judgemental?

Fuck knows, I'm pissed, but you don't seem to make too much sense with that post....

I realize I'm not going to make much sense as the groundswell of opinion is what it is in this thread. I just think the rags and Evra have successfully turned a molehill into a mountain and Suarez is going to be vilified whatever ground he goes to. Plenty may think he deserves it, I don't think he does. In the same way I didn't think Balo deserved the vilification he got last season for his various transgressions.

BillyShears said:
Ric said:
Lest we forget a seven game ban for biting an opponent whilst at Ajax.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAl74ovJP-4[/youtube]

I wonder if Ramsey would've preferred Shawcross to bite him as opposed to snapping his leg in half.

Ah right, that justifies it of course.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Not one to nitpick mate however slight hypocrisy in that you say you "like Suarez" yet "think Evra is a **** of the highest order" yet don't know either person - is that not rather judgemental?

Fuck knows, I'm pissed, but you don't seem to make too much sense with that post....

I realize I'm not going to make much sense as the groundswell of opinion is what it is in this thread. I just think the rags and Evra have successfully turned a molehill into a mountain and Suarez is going to be vilified whatever ground he goes to. Plenty may think he deserves it, I don't think he does. In the same way I didn't think Balo deserved the vilification he got last season for his various transgressions.

The reasons people dislike each player are COMPLETELY different. You can't possibly say their situations are remotely similar. Quit while you're behind mate.

Official statement from Pool.

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

Obviously, only white people can be racist.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Some musings:

1. Patrice Evra has prior history of crying racism.

2. The FA have just set the most dangerous precedent ever seen in football.

3. The FA have just appealed a blatant violent conduct case, this makes the Suarez punishment even more outrageous.

4. Anyone who suggests that calling someone a n****r is worse than deliberately kicking someone either has a huge chip on their shoulder, or a lack of brain cells, or both.

Much as I dislike Liverpool this is a poor, poor move by the FA who have now opened up a whole world of verbal abuse accusations.

Footballers need to man the fuck up.

Are you Sepp Blatters son ???

corky1970 said:
BillyShears said:
doomuk said:
Hold on mate,

Racism aside for a second, what is there to like about the guy??
he's a known cheat (World Cup) who instead of learning from it has come to our shores and dives - and were not just talking exaggerates a foul - literally dives and CONSTANTLY tries to get fellow professionals sent off.

he is a horrible little man with no morals whatsoever and if enough players like him come over here and do what he does they will ruin the Premiership.
Couple that with the fact that he is now proven to have used raciest language to a fellow pro and alleged "mate" and suddenly you have the type of player that I would like to see thrown from our league and our country.

If your saying you like him as a player - diving, & cheating aside he is one hell of a skillful player but 'Like him'? No chance. At least, not for me.

He's no more a cheat that Balo. He's no more a "horrible little man" than any other player who does what they can for their team to come out on top. He's a pantomime comedy villain for the ironically enough, xenophobic British media.

The number of people saying he should be thrown out of our league proves my point. Ben Thatcher should've been thrown out of football full stop for his elbow on Mendes. Keane for his various assaults on fellow professionals. The number of Stoke players who regularly assault fellow professionals yet they're seen as a classic British football team. How long was Robbie Fowler's ban for his homophobic abuse of Graeme Le Saux?

Nah, Suarez is a top player who's unfortunately been caught up in classic British witch hunt. Nevermind kicking him out, in his shoes, I'd be considering fucking off due to the disgusting levels of hypocrisy in the British game...

youve been spending too much time in paris and theyve got to you havent they ?

just because you can order a ham baguette in french doesnt mean suarez is the victim .you french traitor garlic eating onion wearing bycicle riding stripy jumpered fucker

( i think i got most of the racist stereotypes in there, let me know if i missed some) ;-]

You missed out collaborator. ;)

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

The groundswell of opinion has almost nothing to do with Evra or the Rags. People who have followed this lads career know that trouble and controversy follow him in all the wrong ways.

Blue Haze said:
Liverpool are embarrassing themselves badly now, accusing the victim and defending racist behaviour.

I'm so glad the independent panel didn't buy the flimsy defence 'I called him a negro 18 times it was friendly' BS

Just to be clear he didn't, as far as I am aware call him a negro, rather he called him (if the press are to be believed) a little black man. Negro is Spanish for the colour black, so in Spanish 'un hombre negro' simply means a black man. The word negro (pronounced neh-grow) is not in itself racist, whereas the English negro(e) (pronounced knee-grow) is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.